or Connect

Posts by fluxcapacitor

Wow. I've been off the board for almost a year, and not much has seemed to change! The reason I started reading this thread is because I'm almost the same problem. Now, I have a question. I usually fade or slice, every club except my SW. I've found 2 ways to correct this, but I'm pretty sure they are just band-aids for my swing. I either go from a neutral grip to a weak grip (i think...i'm rotating my grip to the right), or keep my nuetral grip and rotate my club...
I'm not arguing about Tigers stats in driving accuracy or playing from the rough. But even so, look at the US Open last year. They had the most unplayable rough on tour last year in pittsburg, and he still finished 2nd. If his putting would have been anywhere near it was at the end of last season and so far this one, it would have been no contest. I'm not trying to be a GO TIGER guy, but almost everyone here can agree that you lose more strokes in short game and on the...
Very intersting topic. As for the tour, it might get a little stale by the time the PGA Championship comes around. And the FedEx Cup, well if it wasn't irrelevant already, just wait. For Tiger, while it would be yet another uncanny achievment, I think it would be bad for him. Not personally, but from the media and fans views. Everyone kept saying how last year was an "off" year for Tiger. Imagine if he came back in 09, after a perfect 08 season and didn't win...
Does anyone have a link to the titleist commercial? A friend just told me about it yesterday on the course, and I haven't seen it yet. Thanks in advance.
I'm still in love with my TA 588, but I think when the time comes to upgrade I'll get the CG 10's or 12's. I'm not crazy about the new 14's. From everything I've read here and seen on the course, vokey's and cg's are pretty much the way to go with wedges, just comes down to personal feel. I have a buddy that has 56 and 60 in both, he typically changes them out about once a month b/c he still can't decide what he likes.
I was also going to recomend the titlest driver if you're concerned about the sound. The technology has pretty much caught up to every company. If you don't want the loud ping sound, then don't even consider the HiBore XL, I have to think about putting earplugs in every time I swing mine! It sounds more like an aluminum baseball bat.
Last week on the courses the only way to correct the slice was to have an extremely strong grip. But then I'd have to readjust everytime I picked up an iron, since I was only slicing with the woods. I think you're right though, because the times that I didn't think about trying to open the club face my hits were more straight. Thanks again.
Good deal, thanks for the info guys. I'll work on that somemore this week!
So I've been working on my mechanics alot lately. I used to just keep my wrists locked up on every swing to avoid some kinda weird contact on the downswing. But now I've been rotating them out on the backswing and crossing over on the follow through. I noticed that with my new irons this helps keep my distance where it should be, but now I'm slicing my driver and woods pretty bad. I guess the question I have is, should I move the ball back in my stance for the driver...
Do the nike drifit shirts sleeves come past your elbows like most of the other golf clothes?