or Connect

Posts by Gene HACKman

Does this help?
  Above is my swing from 12 months ago and to look at it, very little has changed. I started playing nearly 3 years ago and when I started I had a horrible slice - especially with the driver and longer irons. Over time I managed to reign that in and about 8 months ago I had a reasonably consistent swing that was starting to see me make some small gains and I managed to get my handicap down to 19. I have always had an issue with inconsistency and I top shots, hit fat...
Hi,   I have been playing golf for 2 and a half years now and I have got my handicap down from 26 to it now fluctuating between 19/20 with my society.   I have joined my first club last month, and one of the things I was looking forward to most was being able to consistently practice on a proper pitching area and practice green. There is also a 150 yard practice ground which I can hit an up to an 8/9 iron on depending on wind direction.   Problem is, I seem to just...
I'm in the UK
2 of mine are similar to David's, 1 is worse looking. The grooves are sharp and true (as I sharpen them regularly). Still spinning and contact is still nice. I like them and I'm confident with them, just wondered what other people have done. I'm reluctant to get rid as they are such a lovely, Confidence inspiring club.
I've got 50, 56 and 60 degree SM Vokeys. The faces are well and truly worn (especially on the higher lofts). The spin milled finish has worn away and the impact area is now a dark colour rather than chrome. I sharpen the grooves regularly and take care of them. However, I was wondering just how long I can go on with this before having to replace them? Just how battered are your Vokeys?
Hi Our society has tended to play most events as stableford comps with 2 x nearest the pins and either a longest drive, a nearest the pin in 2 shots or a par 3 competition (best par 3 scores overall) However, things can feel like they're in a bit of a rut and I was wondering what could be done to freshen it all up? Other good game formats for groups and mini competitions instead of the usual nearest the pin etc? Any ideas welcomed. Thanks
Hi, Just started a golf society with a group of 20 or so friends and colleagues.    Everything is going reasonably well, however I am struggling to get my head around how to organise the deposit and payment system for collecting money for events.    For example. [and bear with me, Ive typed this half a dozen times to try and make it read easier without success!!!!]    I need to book 10-12 venues for throughout our season. Each of these venues want 10-15%...