or Connect

Posts by scopek

Thanks, again, for your response. Reading about the 5th power accumulator cleared up a lot. The interesting thing is that one of my first instructors who is an authorized Jim Hardy instructor taught me a release that essentially was to use palmer flexion and dorsi flexion. However, I later ended up seeing a TGM instructor who told me not to do that anymore and said that I should hold the right flying wedge and "swivel" after impact by rotating my left forearm and keeping a...
Even though it happens every year at this time, I still say the same thing every time, "How coming they f*%#king have Christmas stuff out in the stores so early?!?" My wife just says, "It's the same time every year, honey, and every year you say the same thing."   Oh well, at least this year I'm going to Naples, Fl, for Thanksgiving week and get to play free golf all week on a great course complements of my in-laws!  That will help when the Michigan weather hits hard...
Thanks, Mike, for the response. You mentioned that holding the flying wedge longer will slow things down. Would holding the wedges longer negatively effect club head speed or anything else? Do you see any advantage to holding the wedges longer in terms of control, or is just "a feel thing"? 
Hi,   I'm hoping to learn more about how the club head, club shaft, and hands/forearms should work after impact to P9. I'm a bit confused on the relationship between coming out of impact and how these elements are supposed to be in relation to the swing plane. I know there are differing thoughts on this, but I'm more interested in the 5SK and/or S&T approach. It seems that when I watch videos of players who are more S&T oriented, for example, that some of them rotate...
Hi there,   Trying to work on my swing path and key #4, but would appreciate any feedback. The first part is a drill that Stephan is having me work on to help get the club shaft more in to out and shallow. Any feedback is welcomed. Thanks!!!!!     
 Thanks DaveST for sharing your experience. This is an awesome post. I've been playing about 3.5 years now. I started off going to your average PGA professional, but learned about S&T and it instantly resonated with me. I had some instruction from a S&T teacher, but he was too far away for me to make consistent gains. I spent the next year or two bouncing back and forth between a few different teachers and methods. I ended up signing up with evolvr (the online lessons) as...
Thanks for sharing how you practice. That's very helpful. 
I'm still working on a drill from my evolvr lesson of lying the club down and trying to shallow out my downswing. I'm also working on getting my elbows together, which has been a big problem for me. The first clip is the drill, the second clip is myself trying to do the same thing with full speed. It looks like I'm taking the club back a little too steep on my backswing. Ball flight is improving. Last time I was out, I did the drill and was hitting a lot of left pushes. I...
I think he's good now that I re-watch his clips and understand the S&T pattern a bit better. I found it difficult, however, to learn S&T from Hopwood, the S&T book, DVDs, or other YouTube clips. It's only been recently after getting instruction from other teachers that the S&T pattern makes more sense. I'm actually working with my evolvr instructor on a S&T pattern (my request) and the things that Bennett and Plumber are teaching have finally started to become clearer. 
Hey, I was actually just kidding about nominating myself for a Stupid Monkey!!! Oh crap, now that I got it, that means I really can't let myself change swing patterns again. That's going to take some serious well power on my part. I'm proud to say, however, that I'm still diligently practicing the drills that Stephan has given me. Its taken time, but I'm finally starting to make some very good progress!  I'm sending in a video for a new lessons tomorrow.