or Connect

Posts by Youngbear11213

I live in Idaho, with hot summers and long, cold winters. I would like to improve my putting in this offseason, so I was thinking about purchasing an indoor putting aid.    Are there any indoor putting aids you use that have been helpful?    I've looked into things like the Eyeline golf laser, but I don't know if that would only assist in shorter putts...
At the course I play at there are a lot of trees, so it is not uncommon to find myself under a tree, needing to just punch the ball out into the fairway. Often times this entails keeping the ball below 6 or so feet and clearing about 20 yards of rough. I have been struggling lately as my shots often either hit the low hanging tree branches or don't clear the rough- very frustrating.   How can I hit a low punch to stay below tree branches but still reach the...
Hello,       I have played golf on and off my whole life, and seriously now for about 3 years. I have just gotten interested in handicaps this past season, and have inputted my scores into an app on my phone, just the total score overall.       I heard about the "net double bogey" rule in handicaps, but i don't know what it means. Since I have put in numerous strokes into the app that were above double bogey, did this negatively impact my handicap?         I score on...
Sorry friend, Boise born and bread, GO Broncos!
I know that there are lots of different opinions out there, but would you advise teeing up on a par 3 or striking the ball of the ground? I usually hit off the ground, but i must admit, i havent practiced teeing my iron shots up.
@Cooke119. I am taking 4 lessons this season (at least) so that should help a lot.
So I am not the best golfer there was, (i shoot around 110 in an 18 hold round, 57 in a 9) and one of the things i struggle with constantly is consistency or aim, whichever you want to call it. It seems like one day ill be pounding my drives straight the whole day, and then the next they're all slices. Its inconsistant. Also inconsistent is my iron play. However with the irons, i can usually get them to fly the same, but i have trouble aiming them. I think i might have...
Hello there!   I've been a recreational golfer for years, just getting out and enjoying the game, but i started to really get a passion for golf and am determined to get my scores lower. The clubs i currently have are: driver, fairway wood, 4 hybrid, 5 iron, 6 iron, 7 iron, 8 iron, 9 iron, pitching wedge, and putter. Should i get any more clubs (i was thinking 50, 58, 60 degree wedges or something)? Will purchasing the clubs help to lower my score? I think there high...