or Connect

Posts by dfreuter415

Why not?   Make the tournament a winter invitational with three rounds somewhere in the Caribbean for a select group of 9 well known pros:  a threesome of Americans, a threesome of Europeans, and a threesome from around the globe. Have individual and better ball totals for a ton of money on a daily basis as well as a three day aggregate total. Replay the event in prime time on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings.   Round 1: Gutta Percha balls and hickory shafted...
I wanted to play today, but was invited by my best golf partner, John, for the last 25+ years to go to the range. You see, last February 19 John had his hip replaced, and this was the first day that he hit balls since the operation. He hit about 30 balls, make good contact with about 10, and then we went to lunch. (I hit a few, as well, but I wanted to be there to encourage John on his journey back to the first tee.)  It was a great day, and we will be back next week. 
Hey Jon,   I've always felt that golf is a journey, never a destination.   On your journey you have so many variables that can make a great difference. Here are three that are important to me...   Variable #1: Who do you want to share your journey with? Variable #2: Time invested Variable #3: The equipment   With whom you play is perhaps the most important element, because of the human factor. I golf with my wife, friends, relatives, and formerly in a golf...
With all due respect to environmentalists, I think California should take a harder look at desalination plants to help solve the drought problem.   http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2014-02-13/israel-desalination-shows-california-not-to-fear-drought
Glad to see there are chipper advocates here. My wife has one as well. The other club I got my wife is an Alien sand wedge. She doesn't get into many sand traps, but when she does and uses a normal sand wedge, it takes her 2, 3, 4, or more shots to get out.  Two years ago I got the Alien for her, and now she gets out in one or two shots almost every time. 
Here is another interesting part of the relationship between Bobby Jones and Alister MacKenzie...   Dr. Alister MacKenzie, the brains behind Augusta National's revered contours and curves -- elegantly showcased each year by the Masters -- died pleading poverty in 1934 and begging for his fee.   Bobby Jones had won the grand slam as an amateur in 1930 -- capturing all four major tournaments in the calendar year -- before he stunned the public by announcing his...
For public course golfers like myself, there are not as many possibilities to hit balls before you play, unless it is offsite. I normally stretch and take a few practice swings, but not much more before playing. However, when I do get the opportunity to hit balls before a round, I only hit a few shots before going to the putting green.  The history I have with hitting more than a few balls is that I shoot more scores above my average than below. I don't think it is loss of...
For me, personally, I utilize all 14 clubs. I think this scenario is true for many golfers who play on a regular basis. However, I truly believe that for many people, especially high handicappers, occasional golfers, and average female golfers, (according to sources, the average female has a handicap of 28.9), all they need to carry is a driver, fairway wood, hybrid, 7i-sw, chipper and putter (10 clubs).
Personal opinion: You would be best served by trying to either rent or borrow a good set of blades and then go play a round. You will find out very fast if blades are for you.  
I use my 3H, 6, 7, 8, 9, pw, gw, lw, and putter.   I've used the theory endorsed by Greg Norman in the following web page for more than 35 years with a consistent level of success....   http://www.shark.com/sharkwatch/instruction/lesson41.php   What I find interesting is my thought process on club selection. It's like inputting data into a computer and then coming up with a club selection. The various factors in club selection for me include:   - depth of pin on...