or Connect

Posts by dfreuter415

Toby, Welcome to TST. This is a great site for almost anything about golf. Congratulation on finding a putter that allows you to reach your Promised Land, Nirvana, or Xanadu. Almost every golfer I know is looking for that driver, set of irons, wedges or putter that will magically allow them to shoot lower scores with a higher level of gratification about their game. But, beware that you take very good care of the golden gift that you have been given. Gary Player is quoted...
Yep, just like I predicted. When the 74 and 76 came out I ended up going from 7.8 to 9.0.
When I was younger I loved doing drills at the range, and then taking the technique to the course to see if it worked. One thing that I always did when I took a new concept to the course. I kept saying, "Trust your swing, trust your swing, no matter where the ball goes."  Any hesitation or reversion to the old swing, made all of the work at the range irrelevant. I've never played tournaments with the wife. As I've told you before, my wife likes 9 holes and dinner. My...
I played the Nike Covert irons and thought they were very good. I play Ping i3+ irons regularly and have seen the G15's & G20's. I prefer Ping, but I don't think that you can go wrong with most name brands. I would probably try playing the brand name of my favorite golfer. Then research different mid-priced models. When you find something, pull the trigger and don't look back. Here is my recommendation for brand name and models.- Ping, G15 or G20- Titleist, AP1- TaylorMade...
Hi CUgrad2010, Welcome to TST.  You're going to love it here. For whatever it is worth, here is my 2¢. If you are going to be a serious consumer of the game, your best bet would be to have a professional fitting and hit several different name brand clubs (Ping, Mizuno, Nike, Titleist, TaylorMade, etc.) before you make a decision. If you are going to be a casual golfer, and don't want to spend a lot on clubs, I would go to an suction website like eBay and purchase a set...
I've been playing Lamkin Crossline grips for 20+ years. They are great in all kinds of weather. Should work for someone with overactive sweat glands. Good luck in finding what works for you.   
Shot 39-39=78 @ River Forest in Freeport, PA   First 18 hole round in 2 weeks. I hit the ball well all day long. Putting was so-so on wet greens.  The course played a little longer than normal due to more then 10 inches of rain in the last week.
We know that putting has several factors. Green reading and confidence in your putter to roll the ball consistently are probably the most important. With your employment of Aimpoint and the Edel putter, you are on the right track to lower scores.   I saw you posted this in another thread... Friday - 94, CR 69.4/117, 2 GIRs, 31 puttsSaturday - 96, CR 71.2/128, 1 GIR, 30 putts,Sunday - 91, CR 71.2/128,  1 GIR, 33 putts 13 straight rounds of scores between 91 - 97  @ 3...
When I read the story I thought about the round of North Korean leader Kim Jong-ils, who shot 38 under par, 34 for 18 holes. According to the 17 security guards who observed the performance, the score included an amazing 11 aces. The event was dutifully reported to the North Korean masses by the state news agency. I know that there have been a number of golfers with two holes-in-one in the same round, and after a little research I found one other golfer with three, a 14...
That is a very intriguing question. Lower score without hitting the ball well. Higher score, but good ball striking. Hm-m-m-m-m. I would say that I get more enjoyment by shooting the lower score almost every time. That means my short game was functioning at a high level, which for me, means that I am competitive. There have been days when I have struck the ball solidly,  kept the ball in the fairway, my approaches on or around the green all day, and shoot 84 or 85. I...