or Connect

Posts by dfreuter415

Glad to hear that you got out this weekend. Pittsburgh got 4 inches, as well, AND it's still snowing.
SNL's take on Deflate-gate....  
Many of the arguments in this post for the decline in golf have been around for a long time, especially those that related to expense and length of time to play the game. So, to me, that is a constant. So then, what has changed in the last 5 years that would influence a decline in the number of golfers?   First and foremost is the economy. I agree that could be a legitimate factor in golf's decline. However, I don't think the economy would have effected the "golf nuts"...
Just wondering what everyone's favorite golf celebration was?  And, do you celebrate on the course when you make a good shot?   My top 3 golf celebrations are:   3) Phil Mickelson's world record high jump after winning the 2004 Masters. 2) Jack Nicklaus chasing his putt into the 17th hole during the 1986 Masters. 1) Chi Chi Rodriguez's sword dance, anytime.   My friend John and I have a celebration anytime we make a birdie on the course. Very simply, it's the...
Never had an even par round for 18 holes. Came to #16, a par 5, one over par, and put my second shot on the green. Here's where I got ahead of myself. I figured it was an easy two putt and I would be one under par if I could make an eagle.   By now everyone figured out what I did. Went for the eagle and three-putted the hole. I parred 17, and tried too hard on 18 to make birdie, and bogied that hole, too.   Ah-h-h-h-h-h-h-h. What an idiot. 
Possibly, but a couple of questions: 1) Cost for renting my clubs?2) What are the logistics for picking up and returning the clubs? My wife and I have rented clubs recently while on vacation in Hawaii and Mexico, and in both instances the courses that we played had very nice rental sets. In fact, I was kind of amazed that there were no problems getting clubs because my wife is left-handed. The clubs we were able to rent were TM Rocketballz and SpeedBlades, as well as Nike...
Simple solution. NASCAR's penalty for doctored cars is suspension of crew chiefs. Follow this example and suspend Bellichik.   On a lighter side: 'Sesame Street' Airs Episode Where 'Inflate' Is Word of the Day http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2339959-sesame-street-shades-patriots-airs-episode-where-inflate-is-word-of-the-day?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national
Interesting items from Brady's press conference with my comments in italics:   • Brady: "I didn’t alter the ball in any way." / Personally, I believe him.   • Question from news conference: "Can you answer right now, is Tom Brady a cheater?" TB: I don’t believe so. / Weak answer.   • Question from news conference: "Did you notice a difference in the balls used in the first half and second half?"  TB: From the first half to the second half, I didn’t think twice about...
My brother lives in Beavercreek and we played Kittyhawk (http://www.golf-dayton.com/index.html) over Thanksgiving. Dayton normally has weather similar to Pittsburgh, although we do get a little more lake effect snow. Right now there are 2-3 inches on the ground with little hope of playing until February. Best wishes on your weekend golf. Wish I could be there. 
Don't you have snow on the ground in southwest Ohio?