or Connect

Posts by dfreuter415

I did Google "The Punisher." I've never tried the drill, but if not executed properly you really could hurt yourself. Thanks for the tip. Sorry to hear about your brother. I know exactly what you mean. I lost my mother at 62 to cancer. Your situation sounds exactly like me when I retired in 2011. I taught for 38 years and I loved the staff and students. BUT, I had a narcissistic assistant principal, about 30 years younger than me, who thought he know how to do my job. (My...
Here's a shirt that's age appropriate....  
Very impressive, indeed! Congratulations for denying yourself all those goodies over the last 5 months. Best wishes in getting to you next goal and keeping the weight off. Believe me when I tell you, as you get older it gets more and more difficult to lose weight. Congratulations on two milestones this past Memorial Day. Breaking 90 is just around the corner.
I agree with Golfingdad. The course would have to require a waiver from injury before your could rent one. In addition, there might be a requirement that any damage to the golf course or the Golf Skate Caddy from such collisions would be paid for by the person who rents the board.
After playing senior tees my last few times, I tried teeing it up from the blues today...   I shot 42-41=83 at River Forest CC in Freeport, PA.   1 birdie, 4 pars and 13 bogies (ugh!) - 2 GIR and 30 putts.   My short game was average at best, after a good month of May.   The club finally allowed the rough to grow a little longer this week, and it really made you place a premium on FIR's.
1) 29 putts each round. Very nice. Just curious: at this moment in time, is this the putter you thought it would be? 2) Don't give up on the shot. It can be very useful into the wind or hitting from under trees. 3) Punisher drill?  What's that?  When my ball striking goes a little south, I hit a lot of wedges and short irons on the range, but I don't punish myself.  4) 53? Good for you. I retired at age 61 after teaching for 38 years. The only thing that I will say is...
Played a Memorial Day weekend 9 holes with the wife, her sister, and the brother-in-law, (her sister's husband). Shot one over par 37 with 2 birdies and 3 bogies. Then went to dinner.
 1) No three putts. Way to go. I never considered Aimpoint until I read your thread. It is an interesting concept that needs careful consideration on my part. 2) Great! It reminds me of the 10+ years that I coached high school JV golf, where I made the guys hit intentional fades and draws at the range. Wonderful memories for me. 3) Isn't it fun to try different balls until you find the one that works for you? I've tried the E6 and NXT Tour, but find myself going to Pro...
Wind can be tricky. Years ago I learned to hit the knockdown shot. It's a very useful shot that can be a great weapon on windy days.  I still remember when Paul Azinger used a knockdown all week at Pebble Beach in 1991 and won the AT&T going away.  Keep the faith with the putter. Better days are ahead.
Here is an aerial photo....