or Connect

Posts by dfreuter415

Here is a 29 second video of a moron getting hit by a golf ball. Is it real? I don't know, but if it isn't there are some pretty good special effects!    
Having Labatt Blue Light with baby back ribs for dinner.  
My wife and her sister decided that we were going to the Phipps Conservatory Spring Flower Show today. I couldn't argue because it wasn't even 40° at noontime. Fore.... playing through!  
The worst was my when my wife was hit in the head on Memorial Day with a tee shot a number of years ago. Our group was in an adjacent fairway, and the guy hit a big slice. We spent the afternoon in the hospital, but she was okay. I felt as bad for the guy, who was very upset, and gave us his phone number. I called him that night to let him know everything was okay.   The other one that was memorable for me was when I caddied in a pro am in the 1990's and my amateur...
My favorite is Jordan Spieth and I'll take Matt Every (250/1) as my longshot. Hard to believe Tiger is only 18 to 1!   Here's the latest odds on March 28: (http://www.vegasinsider.com/golf/story.cfm/story/1578172/)   Rory McIlroy 6/1 Jason Day 15/1, Jordan Spieth 15/1 Bubba Watson 18/1, Tiger Woods 18/1 Adam Scott 20/1 Rickie Fowler 22/1 Phil Mickelson 25/1 Justin Rose 30/1, Matt Kuchar 30/1 Dustin Johnson 35/1, Henrik Stenson 35/1, Sergio Garcia 35/1 Billy Horschel...
At age 60 I started losing distance, and last season at age 64, I started playing senor tees more regularly, all though not exclusively. Now that I am driving it 220-230, the Tee it Forward yardage is a lot more fun. The "Driver x 28 Computation" of 6300 yards for my driving distance is doable, but definitely more challenging. I probably will split the year, playing 60% teeing it at the shorter distance.
I think your best bet would be to go to a Fitting & Demo Days that most major golf companies sponsor. That way you could hit a few different clubs and get advice about the proper shaft for you. Here is a website where you can find Titleist Demo Days... https://www.titleist.com/events/
Me, too! 
Yes. I played 9 holes Tuesday in 40° weather. Then it rained Wednesday & Thursday. The high tomorrow is 37° and Saturday 36°. I'm hoping that Sunday will be the start of better weather. Good for you getting out and playing in a tournament. I know how you feel about underperforming, but with your new swing, I know your best performance is something you can produce in pressure situations. It's not really a joke by the golf gods, just a case of nerves, or as Johnny Miller...
 When I am 180+ yards from clearing the water hazard, and, playing a ProV1 that is only two holes old, without apology, I will put down an older ball that is ready to be retired and hit the shot. I know that this is not exactly USGA sanctioned, but I'm just playing with friends and do not have to post a tournament score, so I am just looking after my retirement account.