or Connect

Posts by dfreuter415

Friday night: Clam chowder and salad...     It's Halloween, the kids are grown and gone, and I miss eating the candy and chocolate the kids didn't want.
Just played three days in a row, walking every time. Today was a lot like yesterday in reverse. Yesterday I shot 38-41=79 @ River Forest CC. Today it was 40-37=77 @ Buffalo GC. Both courses are par 71, located in Freeport, PA. Both days I lost only one ball in the leaves and played the course in about 2 hours, 45 minutes.   I love this game!
I think that happens to most golfers at one time or another. The golfing gods were just messin' with you.  Being a 17 handicap, you know that there are days you come out and shoot in the low-mid 80's, and the next are lucky to break 100.  It's just the nature of the game. BTW, you sound a lot like Tin Cup.                                    
 Did you check with Bill Murray? 
Back in the 70's I read every Golf Digest and actually attended a Golf Digest school at the Lake Geneva Playboy Club. It will always be one of my fondest golf memories. The school was led by Bob Toski, Peter Kostis, and John Elliott, Jr.   Now I read Golf Magazine, because I go to the local golf show and get a free subscription with my admission price.   If I had to choose one of them I would lean toward GD.
Agreed! It wasn't long ago that Newt Gingrich and Bill Clinton were able to work together to get a balanced budget. Where has true compromise gone in today's Congress?
Tonight I'm making a Giada recipe, Pork Chops with Apples and Pancetta.  
What a difference a day makes. Yesterday I shot one over par 73 and today came back to reality and was 8 over 38-41=79.  The difference? Harder course today and better short game yesterday. Also, I had 3 bogies yesterday and today I had 9. The good news was that I still broke 80 and only lost one ball in the leaves.   I love this game.
If you like casseroles, I recommend chicken divan.  Made it last week.  Ingredients:  broccoli florets, cooked chicken, cream of chicken soup, milk, shredded Cheddar cheese, bread crumbs, butter, salt & pepper.  
Found this webpage:   PGA Tour Driving Distance Over The Decades http://www.geoffshackelford.com/homepage/2011/11/30/pga-tour-driving-distance-over-the-decades.html   Here are the yardages from the 1962 and 2007 U.S. Opens at Oakmont CC.     Note: 1962 was played at par 71 and 2007 at par 70.