or Connect

Posts by Rouleur

So aside from your emphasis, Scott acknowledges he changed his read because of what his caddy told him. Seems to me Scott may have got it wrong without the help, and the playoff would have continued. But y'know, what do I know.   I'm done, sorry for the interlude, let the regular programming continue..
Wow, blame the director, there must have been more than 4 cameras on the putt, do you want the caddy to walk off the green and hang in a gallery?   You guys can have your pinions, like I said I'm not sure he is a bang on stand up guy either, but it definately seems there is a lot of bad blood here.   It's a shame, you guys had your moment of the weekend ruined. I don't get so het up about personalities, so I enjoyed it with Adam Scott, I was pumped for him and...
I agree with golfingdad, I think most every player is congratulated by their caddy first. Apparently he is a really good friend with AS, so to see a friend be happy for his mate? I don't see anything wrong with it. You re-watch it, and Adam walks up to him and hugs him again later, they seem pretty close to me.   I think people are a bit oversensitive about what he does because of the screw ups he made in the past. I agree, man that was terrible. He would freely...
Congrats Adam Scott! I think it would have been a pretty good story either way, so a great finale to the tournament.   It seems a lot of fans felt for AS after what happened last year, so to see him to break through, and the obvious joy he had at the 18th, which appeared to be real happiness rather than anything derogatory to his opponents, and also the way he related to AC afterwards walking together like that, he is a very popular winner.   Think what you want...
Rehmwa and phan52, well played! Those are the feel good stories I love hearing about!
Read about one guy who would collect them up in a bucket, then give them to kids in the family at christmas. I know if I got 100 golf balls when I was a kid I would have flipped out even if they were crappy, thought it was pretty cool thing to 'share the love'..
I actually had a thought, you may find that people of different ages or sight standards prefer them, such as advised above, someone with sight differences finds yellow beneficial, might lead to a measurable trend. I'm in my 30's without glasses, so I may buck that trend   Oh, and fashion, as with everything in golf, cannot be understated. The pro tour players all play white, so you'll find the majority of us will always play white, because they have never even tried...
Firstly, I don't believe there would be any perfromance difference in terms of distance or spin.   Secondly, I think seeing the ball can be broken down into seeing the ball in the air, and finding it on the ground.   I don't play as much as many on here, but I do find the yellow or pink ball easier to see in the air when the sky is flat overcast, as it seems to contrast more than a white ball, I can find it quicker when looking up after my swing. It may not be an...
You might also find the yellowing comes from sunscreen. I know white t's and polos get yellower necks when I wear sunscreen, especially if applied freshly before putting on the t or polo.   That may apply to some of your yellowing, and I also find it is very tough to get out without a whitener in the wash.
But wait, you're debating it as well  There are articles in this very thread of people that have marked the line, and even though, as you correctly surmise, the ball isn't actually balanced by adding or removing weight, they got more accurate putts by putting along that line as the centre of mass rolled along that line on a side to side 'balance', although the centre of mass was going up and down.   It is obviouly a use of time you're not happy to give up, and that...