or Connect

Posts by Na5carr3

Not a tournament. Yes, money was involved. One player was trying to deem USGA Tournament Play, thus play it in the bunker in the shallowest water but was outvoted by the other two and let me replace the ball on the outside edge of the bunker furthest from the hole without penalty given the fact the ruling was not established before play began. They were all really pissed when I won the hole with a poley par. Couldn't get the sandy as I really didn't play from "real" sand.
Hit my drive. It went into a fairway bunker. We get to the spot to find the bunker is slam full of water to the brim. Only a inch or two of sand can be seen around the edges. Where is a replacement ball to be placed/dropped without penalty?    This turned out to be a real argument in the group I was with. Can anyone help?
When you ride a bicycle, is it "feel" or "mechanical"? A golf swing I think could be compared the same way.
Great Post!   I use this grip with the exception (which you probably wouldn't see in a pic) of that my right thumb is "relaxed" and kinda just sitting there. Reason for this....if I "grip" the club with my right thumb I tend to squeeze the ball to the right. It just opens the club face up for me at impact, so I just relax that right thumb. Now on the other hand I do grip that right thumb if I want to hit a little more than a baby fade. It works for me.....
Holding the club too tight? Never seen wear like that before.....
Winn Dri Tac (dark gray w/ red tip) on all clubs except putter....love'em!! Easy on wrist and elbows.
How do you like that shaft up against steel. I am currently swinging KBS Tour Stiff. How would you say they compare...ball flight and so forth? I have had my eye on the Aerotechs for a while now, just afraid to pull the trigger I guess....
Pal 2
Old thread I know but I wanted to throw a few words in.   I just put these (in dark gray) on all of my clubs. I moved from the very firm Ping 703 standard grip. It seems the jury above doesn't like them much except a couple. I never thought I'd like a softer grip but this thing really brings the feel back to the club. IMHO the grip is very grippy. I feel like on the durability side, if you are wearing one little spot out on the grip then I don't believe you are even...
It's probably a good thing that you have better equipment. In that I mean (IMHO) cheap equipment tends to make for bad habits that are hard to break when you do finally pull the trigger on some good quality sticks.   Probably the best advice I would give is, practice that swing. Don't be a hitter of the ball, be a swinger of the club and just let the ball get in the way of the swing. I see new golfers all the time trying to kill the ball on the downswing. Let the club do...