or Connect

Posts by spiderrower

Broke 7:00 on my 2k time today at an erg sprint competition haha big day for me. (I'm not even 170lbs just to put that into perspective)   An hour @ 2:00 is pretty impressive too... it might not be a bad idea into looking into local masters leagues or rowing clubs and getting out on the water - it's the same workout and it's so much more fun and satisfying than the erg.
If anyone is looking for a new workout to try, I'd definitely suggest rowing. Your gym probably has a rowing machine (an erg), and if anyone's interested I could give you some workout suggestions and tips for how to get started.   Rowing is a very healthy workout option, and it doesn't take long for you to get a great workout in. It's also both strength- AND cardio-based. I'm pretty sure it's integrated into CrossFit on some level (or, at least, it was a couple years...
I have a bunch of friends who are wrestlers and are all worked up about wrestling being removed. I think some of the sports that aren't up for removal are a little ridiculous... equestrian? That's mostly the horse doing the work, not the rider.   I've never understood olympic weight lifting, either: their entire sport is the rest of the athletic world's training. Who watches that, anyway?
I've been Playing Golf for:​ about a season, I'm just starting to get serious My current handicap index or average score is: 95-105 My typical ball flight is: irons: high, straight, far. driver: either a push and then slice, or straight off the tee and then a slice; either way, not much distance The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: make my driver go straight   I'll include a link to a video of my swing at the end of this post, but...
Undergrad working on a Political Science degree with a Business Administration minor.
^ Nobody wants to go after him.   I have a 420 sailboat for class racing but I don't use it much anymore. Spend most of my time crewing on my buddy's Nacra F18 Infusion - more class racing.    Representative picture of the latter (same model):