or Connect

Posts by jwygo

3 days ago I videod swings with 3 different clubs. I noticed I did not have a full wrist cock. I practiced keeping at least 90 degrees of wrist cock longer onto my downswing and had immediate improvement. Immediate means the very next shot. Much better squeeze on ball with irons. Higher loft and more distance. Took to course today and loved the new ball flight but was consistently long. I'll have to get used to the new distances.. Also lightened up grip pressure...
Play your normal games but limit the number of clubs per player. Four is a good number. Each player chooses their own clubs. You'll be surprised how well you all play. You'll have an interesting discussion with your partner after losing a hole because you picked "this" club instead of "that" club. And each players strategy for choosing their clubs makes for interesting conversation. E.g. Do you take driver? What wedge? Do you need a wedge or can you chip and pitch...
Unfortunately, not a single person complained about in this thread is a member of The Sand Trap. They will never know they are "that guy".
Have not played Wachesaw.  Caledonia is my favorite.  True Blue is excellent.  TPC is an excellent course but our group (mostly) think there are others we like better (e.g. Grande Dunes, Tidewater)  
Our group will play a couple of these courses every year as part of our 4-round golf package.     Grande Dunes Resort (slope 126 white)  Great strategic golf.  Excellent facility and service (most courses in Myrtle area have great service in our experience). Good food. Our group always plays their last round of our ryder cup competition here.  (slope 126 white)   Caledonia (slope 134-mallard).  One of our group favorites.  And ask for two cups of unique chowder from...