or Connect

Posts by flintcreek6412

I can tell you all about courses an hour north at Lafayette but I've haven't played Indy.  I've heard positive reviews from those that have played The Fort and I've heard mixed reviews about Purgatory.   I've also heard good reviews about the Trophy Club(Lebanon) and The Golf Club of Indiana but they are just north of Indy.
I've played dozens of different private clubs as a guest.   Without exception every member provided a quick rundown of the expectations.  They almost all know that each club is different so there is no universal rule that applies to all.   If he hasn't told you what's up you NEED to ask.   You simply explain that different clubs have different expectations and seek clarification for his club.   99.9% of members that invite you expect to pick up the full tab unless you have...
LOL  Yes it is.  Not my biggest, but one of my most memorable.   It's funny how I find a lot of similarities between deer hunting and golf.   I'm a die hard bow hunter(like the purist golfer) but there is always a time and a place to break out the big gun and have fun......kinda like relaxed rules.  
Agreed that no one is born pro.  MLB players grew up with alum bats and likely tee-ball or slow pitch.  It's a transition to the pro ranks.   No reason golf can't have a similar transition as far as different rules. The rules are complicated.  Period.   I don't mind them being penal.   They should be.   None of us like stroke and distance but that's part of.   The problem is that there are times when you can't find a ball(lost) that you didn't think was in trouble so your...
I think the improved lie was summed up perfectly today on MD.   Pros never hit out footprints in bunkers.   They are all raked to perfection.  Not true of places in the recreational world.   It is odd that we are supposed to play by the exact same rules as pros yet we don't get the same course conditions.     I like the idea and personally I think it should be applied to ALL amateurs.   Even in tournaments and for handicaps.   We are not pros.  Period.  Obviously tweek...
I too agree it's too premature to start looking to Rory to make history.   The media just keeps hammering him with comparisons to this guy or that guy.   I really like Rory and think he's a breath of fresh air from Tiger, but he's only one bad relationship, swing thought or injury from being simply a 4 time major winner(yes, I know that's still huge).   What struck home for me was when I heard them compare his wins to Harrington's.   He was on fire for a couple of years...
I'm not a big bubba fan.  I think he whines too much over missed putts.  His reaction is so predictable.     With that being said though I did see the interview.  He doesn't care what others think(or so he says).   He definitely marches to the beat of his own drum.   IMO he did make a point but I guess enough thin skins were too ruffled to listen.....as least it seemed to make a point in my mind.   I found it curious how he minimized drives and put more emphasis on...
Sorry for those that lost their jobs.  Retail is a brutal business.  I have never been impressed by the PGA staffer at our dicks but ours isn't the biggest store either.  He's usually on a smoke break anyway and not around.  But I certainly won't generalize all of them based upon him.  I'm certain there are lots of good ones out there.   I personally won't buy clubs or most accessories at Dicks.   I prefer to support my local shop.  And after building a relationship I...
Only if I get a get a tap in birdie because I know I just used all of my good shots for the day............
Looks like #18 at Ackerman.   My wife gets a kick out of it every time we play.