or Connect

Posts by Perfect Slicer

This is beating a dead horse, but I think some are hung up on the 'fake out' left handed stance scenario. Forget that, and take a right handed stance playing away from the hole. Same rule applies, same relief, same result, now you end up playing a right handed shot towards the hole. If this was the original scenario, would anyone have a problem with it? I don't see how, and the result is exactly the same. 
I also hate slow players who won't let you past, but I think most of them are just plain oblivious. They don't realize how slow they are, and never look ahead or behind. They probably thinks there is supposed to be a group waiting in the fairway when they are fooling around on the green. Worse are the groups that are fooling around on the tee box with nobody in site on the fairway, with another group sitting in their carts on the back side of the tee box watching...
I've worked in manufacturing facilities for 35+ years. I've had more nasty stuff on my hands than I care to think about. It is not uncommon to ignore your Mama's command of "wash your hands before you eat" when you're in the middle of a breakdown and grab some food. I really don't get hung up on stuff like this.   Besides, like the old joke goes:   A Sailor and a Marine were standing side by side at the urinals. They both finish up, and the Sailor goes to the sink and...
Always blue jeans.      No, shorts when its over 50 or so and promises to be a nice day. I don't mind being a little chilled in the morning. The main thing is to keep the core warm. I usually have rain pants rolled up in my bag just in case.   Pants when its cooler and looks to be a crappier day.    But, jeans when coming straight from work.
I hate it when...   You show up to the first tee at your tee time, and the foursome ahead of you is fooling around at the tee box, cutting up and laughing while they are digging their gloves out of their bags, figuring out what balls to use, finding tees, popping open beers, goosing each other with their drivers, and doing just about everything you can do short of actually teeing off. All the while the starter is just sitting there, even though the previous foursome has...
Fair point in that context, but I was making a general statement about watching golf in general- to see how they handle the course, not to laugh at the guys who are above par.  I'm not proposing that the women need to play from the longer Men's tees at every tourney. I think ANGC is a special case, built around the Masters setup for tourney play, and I'd like to see how the Women handle it. Just plain old curiosity. 
I don't look at it that way, because no matter who is playing on TV, they are so much better than me that a comparison would just make me want to quit. The kids at pitch, putt, and drive would blow me away. I certainly couldn't play up to the standards of the LPGA. But that's the same with any course. I wouldn't want to watch the Pro's play from the short tees at Pebble Beach because that's where I'd play from.  I don't want to see the pro's play at anything short of a pro...
Never had an eagle.    Holed out 2 times from green side bunkers. Once for birdie on a par 4, once for par on a par 5.
No point in the women playing at Augusta if they play from the members tees. Lets say a miracle happens and they play there. They should play from the professional tees and let the score be what it is. I don't care if the women can't go for 13 and 15 in 2. Zach Johnson won the Masters by laying up on every par 5 for 4 days. Maybe this gives some big hitters a chance to separate themselves. Maybe it shows who manages pressure better, or who manages the course better.  It's...
You are a true golfer if you'll play in hurricane winds and rain on a Florida gold trip with your buddies, because you paid for it dammit, so you're going to play.