or Connect

Posts by Perfect Slicer

I picture Gary Player working out with the medicine ball, Indian clubs, and the trapezoidal weights with the big rings on top. He didn't have a handlebar mustache, though. 
I was expecting something a little more muddy. I tried that trick- once- and will never do it again. The ball was at the edge of the water sitting on mud. No problem, I thought, as I set up. Of course I hit it fat and sent mud flying everywhere. I was wearing khaki shorts and a tan shirt. My whole front was covered. My sunglasses were completely blocked. Needless to say, my friends completely lost it. I washed up the best I could at the next tee box water station, but my...
I guess I grew up in a different time and place from some. It's just a yard, people. If you want to keep people out, put up a fence. Simple as that. If there is no fence, why would you mind if someone walked onto your grass to pick up an item of theirs?  What if your drunk buddy threw a beer can in a yard as you were driving by? Would you stop and make him pick it up, or pick it up yourself, or leave it there because you can't 'trespass' on someones lawn? Littering vs....
I'll take your word for it. 
Obviously you're not a real man. They have testosterone supplements that may help you. 
Personally, I enjoy myself on the golf course by hitting the golf ball. That's really what I am there for. The time it takes to get from one shot to the next is wasted time. When I want to enjoy the scenery, I go hiking. Of course, if I'm playing an expensive round at a beautiful course, I take time to enjoy my surroundings, but it's still not a nature hike. When I play my 'home' course that I've played countless times, I'm focused on hitting the little white pill. 
 Because...? Quotes from Bubba? Any evidence that he represents bias and hatred other than he is from the south, and bought a cool car from a popular TV show that has a flag on the roof? I really am curious, because I have not personally seen any such evidence. 
First off, there is never an excuse for someone hitting into you, so I think we all agree on that part of the OP's problem. Beyond that obvious point, here's my $.02.   I play alone, walking, quite a bit. When I do, I get to the course early so I can get off first. The guys in the shop will even let me go out before they open up and let me pay at the turn. I play fairly quick, and routinely get done in less than 3 hours. (Depending on how many balls I need to look for,...
Two brothers own the course. One runs the business end and one runs the course. They're great guys to their buddy's, but pretty much jerks to everyone else. They play every afternoon and run through everyone on the course. When they're ready to hit, they yell at the group ahead to get out of the way and they play through.  Our company stopped holding their annual scramble there for a few years after the one of the owners bitched at my companies President (unknown to him)...
One of the owners of my little local public course will set up a pin like this during scrambles. We have a green that has a severe back to front slope, with a flat area at the back and down at the bottom. You can't place the ball on the slope without it rolling to the bottom. For scrambles, he will sometimes place the hole in the middle of the slope and hang out there for the day laughing at every group. If you hit it to the top level, the ball will not go in the hole on...