or Connect

Posts by Perfect Slicer

I have a set of iron covers, but only use them for transport. When I take the clubs out of my car, I remove the covers and throw them in the back. When the round is over, I clean my clubs and put the covers on. I just don't want to hear them rattling around in the back of the car. I'm not sure if that makes me a dweeb, or just a dork. 
I think I piss the gods off just by walking onto the course. I'm more afraid of guys who are bigger than me. Or have had too many beers. Or even little guys who have had too many beers. Or their wives.  I think I've said too much.
One of the par 5's on my home course plays over a hill to the fairway. You can see the start of the fairway at the crest of the hill from the tee box, but that's it. Its all downhill to the green from there. I hit an abnormally straight drive down the center of the fairway. I play alone a lot, and walk when I can, so by the time I packed up and walked up the hill it had been a few minutes. Came over the top, and there was a guy in a cart picking up my ball. He was playing...
I'll take all of the #2 balls off of your hands. For free, even. You must have a lot of them laying around. 
I didn't grow up with golf. Nobody in my family or extended family played it. I picked it up when I was 39. I did watch it now and then, and the only references I remember growing up was as the British Open, as opposed o the US Open, so that is how I think of it. It all had to come from any advertising or references for casual American fans. It just came from not knowing any better. However, thinking about it, it seems that my golfing group refers to it as the British Open...
Golfers, especially professional tour golfers, are put on a pedestal regarding self reported rules violations. No other sport has this requirement or expectation. Based on this alone, I would expect the professional tour golfer to meet this same expectation with rules violations and penalties that are imposed upon him when he does not self report.   Think about it. How much can you trust any player who is 'caught' breaking rules and must be disciplined, if players are...
Don't worry. This will be a 10 page thread about Tiger, and Tiger didn't even do anything. 
I count every stroke and never pick up. For one thing, I really want to know my true stroke count so I can see if I'm improving. For another, it has helped my mental outlook, by forcing me to suck it up and keep digging (sometimes literally ) until the ball goes in the hole. Now that I'm around the bogey level, I feel that if I hit a bad shot, I can control myself, take my medicine and maybe salvage a double or triple, and avoid the dreaded snowman.    Even when I was...
Or the guys who are too lazy to bend over, and dig their ball out of the cup with their putter.  
Average varies, but I'll give you my embarrassing worse.    I didn't start playing until I was 39, and the year after I started I got invited as a fourth to go on an annual Florida trip my friends were taking to Sandestin Resort. A lot of water and trouble everywhere. Being a golf virgin, I had never seen anything like it. I'd only played on a flat muni course with 2 little ponds on it, nowhere near in play. We played 36 holes a day for 4 days, finished up with 18 on the...