or Connect

Posts by Perfect Slicer

Two brothers own the course. One runs the business end and one runs the course. They're great guys to their buddy's, but pretty much jerks to everyone else. They play every afternoon and run through everyone on the course. When they're ready to hit, they yell at the group ahead to get out of the way and they play through.  Our company stopped holding their annual scramble there for a few years after the one of the owners bitched at my companies President (unknown to him)...
One of the owners of my little local public course will set up a pin like this during scrambles. We have a green that has a severe back to front slope, with a flat area at the back and down at the bottom. You can't place the ball on the slope without it rolling to the bottom. For scrambles, he will sometimes place the hole in the middle of the slope and hang out there for the day laughing at every group. If you hit it to the top level, the ball will not go in the hole on...
Sandestin Resort was the destination of an annual golf trip for many years, but I haven't gone in quite a few now. Baytowne was nice but they were adding condo's and changing the course, and some of the character was removed. The Raven was tougher. We played there right after a Champions tour event, and the greens were tabletops. Some real nice holes though. They have an island par 3. Don't bother with the Links, unless they've done a lot of work to it. Burnt Pine is the...
Old, old comment on a resurrected thread, but I give a thumbs up to anyone who would make a Young Ones reference on a golf forum. 
 Maybe Ben Wright was correct that the ladies have some handicap that keeps them from lining up. This would apply to JB Holmes also.  
This is beating a dead horse, but I think some are hung up on the 'fake out' left handed stance scenario. Forget that, and take a right handed stance playing away from the hole. Same rule applies, same relief, same result, now you end up playing a right handed shot towards the hole. If this was the original scenario, would anyone have a problem with it? I don't see how, and the result is exactly the same. 
I also hate slow players who won't let you past, but I think most of them are just plain oblivious. They don't realize how slow they are, and never look ahead or behind. They probably thinks there is supposed to be a group waiting in the fairway when they are fooling around on the green. Worse are the groups that are fooling around on the tee box with nobody in site on the fairway, with another group sitting in their carts on the back side of the tee box watching...
I've worked in manufacturing facilities for 35+ years. I've had more nasty stuff on my hands than I care to think about. It is not uncommon to ignore your Mama's command of "wash your hands before you eat" when you're in the middle of a breakdown and grab some food. I really don't get hung up on stuff like this.   Besides, like the old joke goes:   A Sailor and a Marine were standing side by side at the urinals. They both finish up, and the Sailor goes to the sink and...
Always blue jeans.      No, shorts when its over 50 or so and promises to be a nice day. I don't mind being a little chilled in the morning. The main thing is to keep the core warm. I usually have rain pants rolled up in my bag just in case.   Pants when its cooler and looks to be a crappier day.    But, jeans when coming straight from work.
I hate it when...   You show up to the first tee at your tee time, and the foursome ahead of you is fooling around at the tee box, cutting up and laughing while they are digging their gloves out of their bags, figuring out what balls to use, finding tees, popping open beers, goosing each other with their drivers, and doing just about everything you can do short of actually teeing off. All the while the starter is just sitting there, even though the previous foursome has...