or Connect

Posts by Spamination

seeing that you're a 13 handicap, i'll assume your instincts are correct. You've played enough to get an innate sense of what is wrong with your swing. When people ask me about the grip, this is how I explain it. You want you grip to be neutral at impact, not at address. So as an exercise, I have them put their body in the impact position. You've seen this position on TV if you've ever watched any golf tournament. It's that position just as you're striking the...
i edited my reply some, so may want to reread it. It looks a lot like the ping g5i craz-e. i've tried that ping, and it has possibly the greatest MOI of any putter i've played around with at the golf shop. I'm still loyal to the classic anser/newport design though. But if it is anything like the g5i craz-e, then you probably have a good one in your bag now.
Never heard of wilson staff kc4. It looks a lot like the Ping g5i craz-e. I've tried the g5i craz-e in the store and it seemed to have the greatest moment of inertia of all the new fangled designs out there. when it comes to putters, i'm a bit of a brand snob though. Ping or Odyssey have come up with 99% of the putter designs out there. Odyssey is the first brand to successfully implement the insert. And Scotty Cameron took forged craftmanship and material to the...
I would never recommend a 10 finger grip. You want your hands to act as a unit. The overlap and interlock grips both mesh your 2 hands together to promote this. A 10 finger grips brings unwanted variables into your swing. You don't want to start getting dominant with your low hand. You want the swing to be dictacted by your high hand(left hand for righties). If you are just starting out, the FIRST thing you work on is your grip. 2nd is your stance and ball...
if you have a tendency to block a shaft that's too loose, I would say you aren't getting a good whiplash effect with your hands. if you notice on all the swing videos out there on the net, the best swings (like tiger's swing)...you'll see the following: you'll see tiger's legs stop moving, then you'll see his shoulders stop moving, then you'll see his arms stop moving. The final move of tiger's down swing are his wrists. When you get this uncoiling move that all...
The transition. I have a minor flaw where i tend to allow my head to get off axis for a split second. Working on keepin my chin tucked in.
as my siggy says, i just got back to playing some serious golf. i played today on a 145 slope rated course and I reached a 595 yard par 5 in 2. I used to hit my drives with my old 300 series Taylor Made 260-280 yards on average. I carry 260-280 now with the FT-5. Just this morning, I hit a driver 330 yards(i'm guestimating a 280-290 yard carry). It was wind-aided, but STILL. NASTY!!! As far as the sound goes, I love it. It feels and sounds like an explosion off the...
Why would you go with a Burner when you already have the best driver in golf?
Hard to fix a reverse pivot without seeing what's causing it... But here are the common causes of a reverse pivot I often see: 1) Excessive Forward Bending of your left knee(if you're a righty). A slight bend is allowable, but an exxagerated forward bend of the knee on the take away will often cause you to lean toward the target at the top of your swing. If ou are bent toward the target at the top of your swing, the only way to swing the club and stay balanced is to...
There really isn't a single durable tour calibur golf ball out there. The tour calibur balls of today almost exclusively rely upon the soft outer layer to create ballspin; whereas, in the past, the interaction between the elastic band/liquid center rubber ball with the soft balata/surlyn outer shell created spin. The surlyn covers of yester-year were a lot more durable than the super-thin solf outer layers modern high-end balls use. That being said, the most...