or Connect

Posts by ftrw85

I am not following what you are saying here. Can you explain again? I'm trying to visualize this but not sure if I'm getting the right picture.   Looks like I am going to have to force myself to be disciplined at the range and ALWAYS use alignment sticks. What is the best way to use the alignment sticks? I’ve seen one place along the foot line and then another placed around the ball and I have also seen just one laid down at the midway point between your feet and the...
I’ll more than likely just stay with whatever length my shaft is currently, which I believe is 46. I’ll double check this before installing the new shaft. Really great illustrations though. The +5 degree driver angle pic really gives me a good idea of what is supposed to be happening.Really like those bugle tee's. It's 6$ for one tee though? I can defintely see the benefit as it takes all the guesswork out of how high/low your teeing the ball.       I still havent looked...
Hey guys, I appreciate any reponses or tips beforehand.   I seem to always have an issue of properly getting lined up for driver/wood/iron shots. I use the typical method of picking a spot 6 inches to a foot in front of the ball that is along my target line and then lining my club face up to that spot followed by my feet, body etc... somehow I always seem to manage to get lined up right of my target. Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have any tips for...
1 .)As for my spin numbers, I honestly didnt get a number on what they dropped to :p that would have probably been good though. After he said the spin stats would be off, spin went into the back of my mind. He just made the comment that my spin rate dropped a good amount with the stiffer shaft. 2.) The Graffaloy is 46 inches, but havent had it installed yet so not sure if anything would need to be cut? Not exaclty sure how that works. First time I have gotten a shaft...
Thanks for the suggestions. I will definitely look into these heads. Depending on cost I may or may not go for a head change. I will just have to see what type of deal I can get. I also didnt realize that there were driver heads made to produce less spin.
Tuffluck, any suggestions on heads, other then lower loft obviously. I do hear what your saying. No, I did not test the stiffer shaft on my own head, so the comparison is flawed for sure.
I had my swing monitored yesterday and I came back with an average of around 106MPH swing speed, the high being 111MPH and low being 101MPH and ball speed was around 145. My launch angle was between 14-15 degrees a lot of the time and when I really hit it off the face square and flush, I even got some around 17 degrees. My spin was in the 4000-45000 range but the golf pro said the spin rate might not be 100% accurate. However, when I hit a stiffer shaft, my spin rate...
I had the putter cut to 31 inches from 34. 31 inches is pretty short but in my best posture with my arms hanging I’m still even shocking up on the 31 a little bit. Feels much more comfortable now and my head feels much more over the ball. I didn’t have to use and Tungsten powder, because surprisingly, the putter actually feel like it weights heavier at the bottom then it even did before. I guess this is due to it being that much shorter? I thought the opposite would...
I've been clocked anywhere between 100-114MPH swing speed, but 108-109 would be the high end of an under control swing for me. So hoping for 25 extra yards is expecting too much, including roll? You are definitely correct on the current amount of roll, its not very much at all. Now that you mention it though, the 250 yard carry seems like what I remember seeing on the swing monitor last time. I gathered 280 from a drive I hit last year on a straight away par 4 where the...
Anyone have any drills or unique ways that they practice putting inside thier house? I would like to start sharpening my putting game before it gets warmer out around here.