or Connect

Posts by Mr Mulyak

I'm looking for a friend.   Here's the deal. My work schedule changed and I'm going to be getting 2 weeks off. I want to go somewhere warm and play golf over the holidays. I'm not into the Christmas thing, and family lives in Ontario (cold, snow, no thank you).   The problem is, I work for a not-for-profit environmental organization, which I love, but despite me working my ass off, I get paid about half of what I would doing the same work in the public or private...
" What a stupid I am" -Roberto DeVincenzo,  after signing an incorrect scorecard at the 1970 Masters   My fave, you can't buy that kind of irony.
The economic crisis in Europe has played a large part, with the Tour there losing many events which results in less sponsorship money for those tourneys they still have.   I love the Euro Tour too for it's knowledgeable AND respectful fans.
I absolutely agree Keith, it does tarnish the reputation of fans across the nation.   That said, it is the responsibility of the PGA and host courses to police this issue.   I do not agree with the violence proposed by Colin007, we're golfers, not pugilists for crying out loud.
Louis Oosthuizen   I just loved it last  year at the Masters when he holed out for an albatross, then just casually tosses it to a fan while flashing his buck toothed grin, despite the significance of the ball (recovered by the Master s) His kid like" I'm having a blast" attitude resonates with me.
You guys are gonna hate me.   Despite being in the great white north known as Canada, I haven't stopped playing all winter. Here on the temperate west coast we certainly have the potential for some ugly white stuff, but this year has been a blessing and unlike the last two years with 6 (yes only 6) days where it was either too cold or there was snow, I've been playing non stop.   It certainly helps when you have your own backyard affair too  . That's a...
Nothing mentioned about butterflies flapping and birds chirping, they must drive you crazy !
I've been trying to hunt down (without success) an article I read recently that talked about Russian golf and their participation in the Olympics in Rio 2016. In the article it mentions that quite a few had gone to Florida to train.   So perhaps they are hoping to grow the game.   (Edit) Don't know why my copy and paste is wonky. sorry   At least for now, Bilalov retains a job related to the Olympics, as president of the Russian Golf Association. Golf...
"The "gutty" was prone to break up in mid-air, thus forcing the rules to accommodate this tendency by allowing the golfer to play a fresh ball from the point where the largest fragment had come to rest. This would be the last occasion on which the Rules of Golf had to be amended to legislate for the properties of the golf ball. For the remainder of the 19th century, the new ball was repeatedly modified to make it more durable."   from that article,
Funny you mention that book, but first, I don't ever recall that reference in "The Greatest...", and I've read it twice.   And what a great book it is, that match which is a reference to the "Greatest Game" and not golf in general in the double entendre title, is what really spawned the boom in golf America experienced 100 years ago this year. I would say it is an inspirational must read for all golfers, especially the young. That the USGA is not holding this years Open...