or Connect

Posts by F22Hack

Hi all,   I am pretty new to the site, and forums in general, so forgive me if this is too wordy, or has been discussed previously...   Like many, I have always struggled with making consistent solid contact...usually hit everything a bit out on the toe, as a general rule.  I just had my third spine surgery, so can't swing a club again just yet, but happened to be on the chipping green and noticed something interesting...not for the first time, but enough that I...
Since I happen to be living in this part of the world for the last few years (Former Soviet Union - Ukraine and Kazakhstan), I might be able to chime in a bit...   I wrote about this a little bit in my introduction, but in my two years in Kyiv, Ukraine, I found only two courses in the country, and only one that was actually "somewhat" playable.  The price was over $200 for a single round, so I never did try to actually play. There was one driving range in town, but...
Hello, SimpleSimon...and welcome to the site!  Like you, I looked around here for the past few days/week, and found the site to be quite informative, so just recently signed up.  Looking forward to hearing about your progress once you are able to spend more time on your game...   Cheers!
Thanks for your note...it is absolutely my pleasure to get to serve!  By the way...I see that you are an LSU fan...I am from Lake Charles, but my entire family is from Lafayette/Breaux Bridge/Cecelia, etc...so needless to say, I grew up an LSU fan :)  Ended up at Georgia Tech, but still like to root for the Tigers when I catch a game...
Thanks for the notes!   Yep...I drove out to the "golf course" one day, through a herd of goats and cows, and finally found the clubhouse.  Wasn't sure if it was a course or a goat ranch (literally!), but they had a driving range (kind-of).  Bucket of 30ish balls will set you back about $22...9 holes of golf will cost you around $240 (not including cart, of course...if they even have them there).  I guess you can'y be too picky when in the middle of the Siberian...
I am an F-22 pilot in the US Air Force...would love to have the chance to learn more about the game and eventually teach golf at some point in the future.
Hi, Everyone!   I am new to the site, but wanted to say a quick hello and a sincere thanks to everyone that participates here, because I am already an addict...   I am an F-22 pilot in the USAF, currently flying a desk at the US Embassy in Astana, Kazakhstan.  Been overseas for a few years now, so haven't played much golf in quite some time, but looking forward to getting started again this summer (both golfing and flying!).     As far as my golf game...I...