or Connect

Posts by Tom Kilpatrick

I can answer that question- the older I get - the more I realize that the advantage of balance that was afforded me in my youth when I would play barefoot. As a caddie at the local country club, my game was so good that many of the college age members would pit me against some of their friends in dollar dollar dollar games using someone else'e clubs when I did not have time to go home and get mine.- We would either play 3 or 5 holes and I generally would win against the...
Recently, I went to a local golf shop for a Nike day. I hit the new Nike Covert. It was setup to my specs same as my Adams Insight A4 9015D (10.5 loft, 0 degrees closed  with Matrix shaft). I hit 10 balls first with my driver to warm up, then hit 10 with the Covert. The Covert felt somewhat boardy and hit the ball consistently about 5 yards farther than my Adams. However 5 yds is not worth $299 for a new club when I play to a 4 handicap and we talking the difference in...
Weather has kept my regular group off the course this year. We got out today for the second time this year and I played with the younger guys from the white tees. At 70,  I certainly qualify to play from the senior tees. I shot 77 (35/42) - hit 8 out of 13 fairways, 10 greens in regulation with approaches typically coming from 160 yds plus. Course plays over 6400 from whites. The 5 par threes are 150 to 175 yds each. Weather today was clear with temps ranging from 37 to...
Viisited  Dicks and Galaxy this week - At Dicks no one was there to offer help in the golf department- At Galaxy - a clerk met me at the door and asked to assist me.   Owned by the same company yet as different as night and day. Dicks appears to be going the way of stores like Sears and Kmart. They are buying golf brands and pushing it as top-of-the-line merchandise. Whether it is or not- I cant say although some reports seem to indicate it may be true. Another tail...