or Connect

Posts by fishontro

What's not to get, if someone is better at something than you, they might know more.   Do you know this golfer I speak of? Oh, that's right you have now idea that he grew up on the course, was shooting under 80 at 10, has a very solid game and has helped me get back to where he knows I can play.   I said "On the other hand, I play with a scratch golfer and ASKED him "If you see something, let me know."... This guy is a friend of mine, knows my situation and knows how I...
I know a guy like "that guy", he invited me out to play once. Not knowing he was "that guy", I accepted.   I used to be a decent player in my early 20's, but a knee reconstruction, marriage, a few kids, you know...life got in the way of golf.   So, I had just started up again when he invited me out. I was a bit nervous, playing my old stomping grounds again and knowing how I used to play the course.   First 2 holes, think I was at 2 over and I snapped hooked...
That's how I started, but I prefer a midsize grip. Choking down felt like a standard grip to me, plus I hated the inch above my hand. So, I popped the grip off, took out the saw, cut 1" off, slid the grip on. bling.   In addition, I'm using an older driver that I plan on upgrading (983k to 913d3) So, had I not liked it, the 913d3 would be here now. I'm glad I whacked my driver down, my next driver will not be over 44".
I'm an Operator at a timber mill. I don't make make 6 figures, but enough to have a car/truck/house payments. I'm just a "high fivin' white guy" in nor-cal.   Jeep's, FJ's, boats...things I've built, used then sold. I wasted way to much money getting those the way I wanted, then a huge loss selling them. Wife and 2 kids helped me leave the off-road hobby.   It's just golf now, have not PLAYED since high school. Just a few rounds here and there, usually beer was...
Golf is one of my cheaper hobbies.   Jeep's and LandCrusier's cost way more.   Fishing adds up quick with fuel, food, beverages, equip/gear...Same goes with hunting, tags, ammo, gear...   Plus, I chip quite often in my backyard to un-wind, that's free.
After several buckets, I can confirm that I am hitting my 9.5 983K way straighter and just as far if not further. Hitting the sweat spot more often IS producing.   There are a few things to consider in my case.   I am 6' and have a "wingspan" of 6'5". Yes, I  am still part gorilla.   My miss is a snap/duck hook. I am trying to keep my ball position off my left heel AND hold my the back of my left hand toward the target...VERY hard to do after 10 years of...
I finally cut 1.25" off my 983k.   I had been choking down and hitting it very well, the reasons I finally did it:   1) I hit it better 2) I use midsize grips, choking down felt like a standard grip 3) Re-using grips is an option, so this was a free mod to do.   I also bought some RBZ irons off ebay that are +3/4". Cut all the Taylormade rubber off, whacked off 11/16" and slid on my older Lamkin crosstours (midsize)...I'm cheap and willing to learn how to...