or Connect

Posts by slagbot

I'd suggest reading "Zen Golf" for a good, cheap primer on the mental side of the game. I'm usually pretty good at putting a bad shot or decision behind me, but it's awfully hard to let go of a missed short putt early in the round. I just try to put myself back home putting on my little 8-foot fake green where I make everything, look up at the sky and realize I'm just a small part of a great big universe, and miss or make it -- it's not going to matter in the...
I just want to qualify for the US Am, Pub Links, and/or Mid-Am. Secondary goal is to win one of the major Chicago-area amateur tournaments. I want to buy new clubs using entirely shop credit.
Best tournament round was a -8 62 on a par 70, but 65.2 rating course. Went out in 27 (-8) with 6 birdies, 2 pars and an eagle (all but one putts over 10 feet, and one was a chip-in birdie from 40 yards), then bogeyed 10 and 11. Made one more birdie and one more bogey leading into 18, where I drove the green and made the 8-footer for an eagle and a 62. The back nine is actually easier on that course, so going out in 27 and having a hot putter I was salivating about...