or Connect

Posts by boomergolfer

I'd probably take my driver out over the parking lot and hook it onto the green. Then 1 putt for a 2. :)   On a more serious note, I can't really tell how much the trees on the right come into play off the tee. I can not fade a ball for my life. But I hit it very high. So I'd probably hit my driver over the trees and expect it to hook into the fairway (I'm not long enough to reach the bunker at 250 so that is not a concern for me.) I'd then hit a 4 hybrid or a 5 iron...
A 90. 48 on the front. 42 on the back.   I swear I"m THIS CLOSE to playing good golf!   I've started using keepmygolfscore.com and am learning a lot about my game after posting just two rounds.   If I can get up and down I could score well. Right now though, when I miss a green, I bogey.  Par 3s are the worst. - which was surprising to me.
My buddy knows he's making an illegal move. We don't play for money or in a tournament. It is just for fun. He says he can't afford to lose a Pro V off the tee but wants to play one when he can be assured he won't lose it. Also, I don't blame the Pro V for the 10 strokes I've lost. It did cause me to lose 4 or 5 though. I couldn't score as well when playing it.Then I hurt my back and had to stop playing for about a year. I've started playing again this Feburary and am...
I'm sorry. But I'm not playing a Titleist Pro V ball. I was shooting in the low 80s consistently and started playing a pro v. I'll admitt. They bite around a green. No doubt.   But I don't see how anyone says they're longer with a Pro V (unless you're a scratch golfer maybe) I certainly wasn't longer and was spinning the ball all over the place on my drives.   Titlleist can say that the ball doesn't know who's hitting it. But the ball does know what angle you hit it...
Gnats. Gnats flying up my nose, in my ears and in my eyes while trying to hit a shot or make a putt.   I hate them.
Welcome back! Enjoy the game.   I took about a year off because of a bad back and am more addicted now than ever.
I normally play the middle tees. I figure if I can't par a course on these tees there's no need to move back.   I sort of get annoyed playing behind players who can't break 90 playing from the long tees.
 What's the name of the course you'll play tomorrow? I live in south ga too. I've been looking around all night and may try to play Kinderlou Forest or one of the courses in Tallahassee FL. if need be.
I live about 8 minutes from the nearest course. After that, I have to drive half an hour in any direction to get to another course.   I'm curious to know how long other people have to spend driving to and from the course.   I'm asking because I'm tired of the course I play. It is bad condition. It is very tight. Fairway then trees. no rough really. You either hit the fairway or are punching out behind a tree. - hard to score well. It is the only course around and...
About 20 years or so ago, when I first started really golfing, I played in a scramble. I had been working hard on what I thought was supposed to happen in the golf swing - symmetry of your arms and wrist. Meaning, I thought the left wrist bent on the follow through like the right wrist does on the back swing. - talk about causing a flip!!   Anyway, I teed off on the first tee with all the other players standing around waiting to tee off. I hit a horrible shot and some...