or Connect

Posts by topgrape

Great, thank you Ernest, Ernie or EJ
 Can someone point me in the direction of how to do this online ? I can only find the DVD's ?
Mainly my driving. I hit it long but maybe 25% of the time I hit a push out to the right. Had a lesson a couple of weeks ago where the instructor made a change (in the 'my swing' section if you're interested). Still pushing it though. @cubdog I think you're right. I'm sure I can do it pretty consistently, if I could only do it once !! Will take inspiration from Roger Bannister.
Played yesterday and was playing quite well although nothing particularly spectacular (although I did hole a bunker shot on the 1st for birdie which I've never done before).   I was quite happy with my game and knew that I hadn't had any blow ups or played too many silly shots. Then I took a 7 at the the par 4 18th. It's quite a tricky hole which I usually treat as a par 5 anyway. I don't get mad when I play a crap shot or screw up a hole but I was a little disappointed...
Very interesting, thanks for the responses. The instructor filmed my first swing then told me to 'face the front' more (ie resist with the hips) and filmed my swing doing this.   He then showed me the videos side by side and drew some lines on pointing out that in the first my left knee moved towards my right in the takeaway and in the second it didn't move towards the right but made a more downwards move towards the ball, which he says is the movement I want.   Any...
Sorry I should have added, I appreciate that there's no down-the-line view, but I'm interested in understanding why resisting with my hips should produce a driver fade.
Hi   The video above was taken at a lesson I had last Friday. The instructor wants me to stay facing the ball longer - resisting with my hips on the take away.   I went to the range this week to try this and hit 100 balls with my driver. Virtually all of them were fades which I don't normally hit - although I'm nowhere near consistent enough to say I never hit them.   I was just wondering why this restriction in my hip movement might cause a fade ? Doing exactly the...
I've been Playing Golf for:​ 15 years My current handicap index or average score is: 15 My typical ball flight is: straight / slight draw The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: fade with driver     Videos:   
Well I tried it out on the course last night and I have to say the results were....mixed. Every drive did indeed go left to right but on a few occasions I was aiming too far left and although the shot had the shape I found myself left of the fairway.   I think I need to aim the clubface at my target landing area and let the fade bring it back onto that line.   Will try that tomorrow and let you know !
Hi all   I'm currently playing off 15. I drive the ball fairly long but as you would expect of a 15 handicapper I'm inconsistent - sometimes straight up the middle, sometimes a bit hooky, sometimes a push out to the right.   I went to the range on Saturday and decided I would try to fade every ball with my driver. I hit 100 balls and every single one of them faded nicely. I picked a couple of spots in the distance left and right and imagined they were the left and...