or Connect

Posts by topgrape

There's your problem....
 Thanks Erik, I'll try to work on that I'll give this a try tomorrow, thanks for your input
I do have a swing in the 'my swing' section if you wouldn't mind taking a look, although it's only a side on view so may not be very revealing, and is also with my driver off a tee.
Well I'm not as young as I was.......... Thanks for your response Erik...simple is good. I'm sure you're right. Since the finish is my swing thought then I'm probably anxious to make sure I do it. Can you suggest a drill to help, apart from just try not to do it ?
Hi   I'm always looking at ways to tweak my swing. I went to the range and concentrated on making a full follow through with pose for the cameras at the finish - a little Rory-ish.   I played on Saturday and found that generally I was striking the ball very nicely. I shot an 81 which is pretty good for me, but I topped several shots. When I practise the swing with a full follow through I can actually feel how that might happen, kind of lifting my body early to get into...
Great, thank you Ernest, Ernie or EJ
 Can someone point me in the direction of how to do this online ? I can only find the DVD's ?
Mainly my driving. I hit it long but maybe 25% of the time I hit a push out to the right. Had a lesson a couple of weeks ago where the instructor made a change (in the 'my swing' section if you're interested). Still pushing it though. @cubdog I think you're right. I'm sure I can do it pretty consistently, if I could only do it once !! Will take inspiration from Roger Bannister.
Played yesterday and was playing quite well although nothing particularly spectacular (although I did hole a bunker shot on the 1st for birdie which I've never done before).   I was quite happy with my game and knew that I hadn't had any blow ups or played too many silly shots. Then I took a 7 at the the par 4 18th. It's quite a tricky hole which I usually treat as a par 5 anyway. I don't get mad when I play a crap shot or screw up a hole but I was a little disappointed...
Very interesting, thanks for the responses. The instructor filmed my first swing then told me to 'face the front' more (ie resist with the hips) and filmed my swing doing this.   He then showed me the videos side by side and drew some lines on pointing out that in the first my left knee moved towards my right in the takeaway and in the second it didn't move towards the right but made a more downwards move towards the ball, which he says is the movement I want.   Any...