or Connect

Posts by spentmiles

Hey, thanks Mike!  That's what I was looking for.
Saevel25,   So, at the top of the backswing, you don't turn the hands clockwise, lowering the club head behind the body and away from the target line.  Rather, you lower the left arm while keeping the club head behind the hands?  And this brings the right elbow to the torso?   I think the picture is clear.  Would you say that Scott has flattened the shaft at that point?  I guess I'm having trouble understanding what McLean means by a flatter shaft plane.  For some...
I've been working on the slot swing from Jim McLean's book.  He's got a drills section at the end, but unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any videos that show the drills with live action.   Can someone who is familiar with the slot swing, or who understands this drill, please interpret it for me:   "Using your 8 iron, make small swings, stopping your hands at waist height in your backswing and in your through swing.   As you swing your arms back to waist...
Thanks for the feedback.  I look forward to working on this change.   I can see how my torso stops turning and my arms keep going, which seems rather pointless and destructive.
Looking at the front view, I see that my left arm bends a lot during the last part of the backswing.  Then, when I start down, that left arm forcibly straightens and the force of that straightening motion throws the clubhead away from my body, which destroys the wrist cock.  The club head then releases too soon and I have to stand up to get it to the ball.   Would I be better off just learning to stop the backswing when my lead shoulder touches my chin?  I've tried in...
Sorry, I was making a joke in another thread and changed it to -2.  Just changed it back to something more accurate.
I've been Playing Golf for:​ 10 Years   My current handicap index or average score is: 85 My typical ball flight is: Mid height, left of center The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: High right     Videos:    
Well, after several attempts, I am unable to post the video here.  Perhaps it's better this way...  Knowing what I've told you and watching the video wouldn't leave much to decipher.  Golf is a personal journey.  I'm sorry I meddled, but I don't want to be a jerk either.  If you send me a private message, I can send you the link to the video.  Unfortunately, the only place I have it posted requires a small fee ($195 USD) to view hosted videos.  I know a pay site probably...
Hogan was one of my grandfather's closest friends.  When I was a kid and we'd go to get togethers at my grandparent's house, Hogan would often be there.  He was a quiet and sulking kind of guy, especially after the accident, but if you got him alone then he was a fine conversationalist.   My grandfather was big into golf and he got me into it when I was very young.  Hogan would often join us, but he hated watching me swing.  I hit the ball allright, but he was nevery...
For the last year, I've been playing a G20 with a TFC169 D Tour Stiff.  For fun, I picked up a Nike VR Tour with a Project X 6.0.  Took both clubs to the range last night and noticed a big difference.  With the Project X, I could feel the shaft bending on the downswing and then kicking through impact.  I was hitting some bombs.  With the TFC, I didn't feel much if any of that whip-release through the ball.  Felt more like a bat hitting a baseball than a flexible stick...