or Connect

Posts by Polynikes

I'll answer your questions the best I can...   1. What do you look for when looking for a driver? What’s most important to you? Brand and whether I think it'll be right for my game.  2. What is your price point when shopping for a new driver? I've paid £200 for a brand new one before. 3. Where would you go to purchase a new driver? My club pro shop or online. 4. Do you do any sort of research before purchasing? (i.e: looking up reviews, asking a friend, etc.) Yes, I...
Haha that really made me chuckle! Losing balls like when hit down the middle seems to happen to most people I know, very rarely but probably more in the autumn when those darn leaves are all over the place.
Yeah really good point, you may well be on to something with this as your experiences sound similar to shots I play. Thanks for your input.
Should of thought of this earlier, but the ball behaved quite normally on drives! Which is more evidence that I haven't discovered some magical golf ball that I could sell on eBay for a small fortune!
Gutted for you, I recently damaged ligaments in my wrist and had initially thought I'd broken it, and the thought of no golf was my first concern! I'd say the only thing to do is let it heal properly, and research the best way to recover the strength in it when the cast does come off.
Hi, thanks for reading and commenting on this thread. I'm sure you guys are spot on, this was all at my home course on holes I've played countless times, so I know the yardages weren't the problem. I have been having lessons and working hard on my swing recently, and each shot felt like I'd connected beautify so I'll put it down to finding my swing working at it's optimum. I'll have to monitor my new distances now so I can ensure I select the correct club. Thanks again for...
I had a little look around the site to see if anything similar had ever been discussed and couldn't find anything, but apologise if it has. I was playing in my normal 4 ball on Saturday afternoon and at some point on the front 9 lost my ball, so pulled out another and went on with my business. I always use Titleist velocity's, but this one particular ball was a complete freak. On the 9th, 10th and 11th I hit approach shots over each green by quite considerably long...
I pledge to create a golfer in 2014 - and am on my way with 6 golfers so far this year. As a teacher, I persuaded my school to pay for a course of 20 lessons for 6 pupils who expressed an interest. A local PGA pro is working his magic on them and so far they're loving it. Words getting round the school now, so the numbers involved will be going up fast!
Galvin Green insula tops are fantastic, but a little on the expensive side.
I wonder what he buys?!