or Connect

Posts by Shane Hansen

I find it confusing today when you are looking for a driver, which one to go with.  I love Callaway drivers, however, it appears stats have both the Big Bertha and Xhot2 hit basically the same distance....then you have the fantastic TaylorMade SLDR and the Jetspeed, both which appear to have similar stats as well.  Has it really come to the point where there isn't anything technology wise that will separate drivers anymore?  It seems that if you normally drive a ball 250...
What I received:  Bridgestone’s Tour B330-S:  Tour performance with more spin and swing speeds greater than 105 MPH. Tested on 2/8/2014, Bonita Golf Course by three golfers.   First some eye candy of the new packaging.  And some close up photos of the ball itself.           The golfer’s bags: Golfer 1 – TaylorMade Speedblade Irons, Callaway XHot driver, Callaway Xhot fairway 3 Wood, Cobra Baller T-Rayl 3 Hybrid, and TaylorMade Ghost putter.  Usually...
Happy to test them out.
I have yet to find something recent that is as long as my XHot...that being said, they are ugly as sin....can't stand that grey top.  I do like the look of the SLDR and the JetSpeed, however, the SLDR wasn't as long as the XHot under testing...I got to try the new Jetspeed vs. Xhot2.
Almost like Microsoft.
Definitely more yardage on the Ping fairway woods than the Nickent F26 woods.  The Hybrids however...just awesome, I recommend all golfers go hit them if you have a Dick's Sporting Goods or Golf Galaxy nearby.
Hi Dragon...yeah I had the RAZR Fit woods and was unable to get the comfort level I was looking for.    I did test the G25 3 wood today against the F26 Nickent 3 wood and was surprised...Ping won.  I honestly thought based on the hybrid f26 that the Ping was going to lose the battle...but not only did it win, it won big.  Distance was about 20 yards longer on the Ping.  Accuracy was much better on the Ping as well.
Hi Golfingdad -   Yeah, the last three years I would say.  I play a lot of golf though, probably more than most...this last year I played around 60 rounds of golf.  I feel very fortunate to have been able to have done that.  And thank you Kujan for the heads up on that, it was driving me nuts.
I went from TaylorMade in 2011 to Callaway in 2012 and now to PING.    Opinion on the irons - Hands down the most accurate irons I have used to date Feel heavier than my old Callaway RAZR irons "W" iron, having a bit of trouble figuring out distance as I am used to "AW" from Callaway.."W" is a bit longer club Overall the irons hit further than my past irons. Very comfortable grips.  White line on the iron I have missed, it helps getting...
I recently purchased the 3i and 4i F26 hybrids @ Dick's Sporting Goods.  These are hands down the best hybrids I have ever hit.  I highly recommend them.  I may be trading in my PING G25 fairway woods for the F26 fairway woods after I test them out this weekend.