or Connect

Posts by bkuehn1952

Well done!  It is a great feeling when all the pieces fall into place.  Especially nice that is was the 2nd nine so you came through down the stretch rather than folding.
 A single leaf falling from a practice swing is not always subject to penalty.  An excerpt of Decision 13-2/0.5 follows. 13-2/0.5Meaning of "Improve" in Rule 13-2Q.Rule 13-2 prohibits a player from improving certain areas. What does "improve" mean?A.In the context of Rule 13-2, "improve" means to change for the better so that the player gains a potential advantage with respect to the position or lie of his ball, the area of his intended stance or swing, his line of play or...
We will be playing with the grand kids this week.  The foot golf course is shared with a par 3 course so there will be a mixture of real golfers and footers.  Should be interesting.  If I were on my own and golf was not available, I would disc golf.  We have a number of disc golf courses and I play a fair amount in the winter (put away the white discs, however!).
My vote was "yes" because for brief periods I am absolutely satisfied.  This weekend I played very well overall, scored well, hit an extremely long drive on #18 into the fairway, stuck my wedge approach to 6 feet and rolled in the birdie putt.  At that moment, there was a complete feeling of satisfaction.  Of course, once I had walked to the parking lot I began thinking about the 3-putt on #16 and the fat wedge on #2, etc...  Still, that little period of time right after...
Early in 1961 - YMCA gymnasium in Appleton, WI, hitting whiffle balls off rubber mats.
I don't work the ball left, right, high or low on demand.  So my initial decision is whether my standard relatively straight, not overly spinning shot will work.  Only when faced with a situation that eliminates my standard shot do I start looking to do something creative.  Close to the green there are typically more options and I am less inclined to go with one approach over another.
 If every member pays the same initiation fee and monthly dues it would be tough to enforce restrictions as suggested.  A better way is to create your own foursome and limit it to a set handicap if that is your desire.  No golf friends allowed without a scratch handicap.  Who cares about the ability level of whomever is playing in front of you as long as they maintain pace?  And one certainly needn't worry about the group behind.
I know that only the hole by hole needs to be correct.  I formerly did not bother with a total when I was a marker and did not care whether my marker calculated a total.  A year ago during our City Tournament, the scorers got my total wrong.  I pointed out the error (they were too high) and to this day, the permanent record has never been corrected.  So I include a total to hopefully give the scorers pause if they come up with a different number.
I am in the middle of the City Championship. They allow "automotive equipment" or golf carts. In the written Conditions of Competition the committee specifically allows the user of a cart to give a ride to a walker from #9 green to #10 tee (long distance) and from #13 green to #14 tee (huge hill) in the interest of pace of play. All other use of the cart by anyone other than the player and/or their authorized driver (caddie) is prohibited and subject to a 2 shot penalty...
After my visits to Ireland and Scotland, any course claiming to be a links course needs firm fairways, very tight lies, lots of steep-faced fairway and greenside bunkers, no trees, playable heather and wind.  Where courses in the USA often come up short is firm fairways, playable heather and bunkers.  We often get too much rain or the course is watered too much.  This results in the fairways having more cushion and the vegetation that comprises the "heather" becomes an...