or Connect

Posts by bkuehn1952

I played footgolf with our extended family (wives, sons, daughter-in-laws, grandkids) and it was a great time.  Everyone can kick a ball, even our 4 year old grandson.  Not everyone can swing a golf club.  I do not see footgolf making any inroads with traditional golfers but it is a fun game.
He is going to need more than a gimmick grip aid to beat me!  ;)
I agree that the idea has merit.  Surely the brain trust at the USGA could devise a system that they think is "sandbagger" proof.  Maybe to start, require a player to have maintained a handicap for 5 years.  Then possibly require a certain number of tournament rounds to have been played within those 5 years.  Finally, divide the field into "x" number of flights and have the champions of each flight playoff for the title. It would be difficult but worth a try. I suspect...
My nephew was in the locker room at Sea Island in late spring, 2012.  He had just worked out and was shaving and getting cleaned up. Another guy, Matt, was doing the same.  They started talking about the resort, their family & kids, etc...  After a while, a couple kids approached Matt and asked for his autograph.  After Matt signed their hats, my nephew asked Matt, "What exactly do you do?  Should I know who you are?"  Matt laughed and said unless he was a golfer (he...
As a kid I played executive courses almost exclusively (1960's).  Today most executive courses seem to fall into one of three categories:   1. modern design with bunkers and fine maintenance 2. old school with decent maintenance, not much bunkering and tiny greens 3. beat up nine-holers that are in a race to see whether the crabgrass takes over before it is sold to a real estate developer   The first category is fun to play as it really helps tune up one's iron play,...
Quote:Many courses have a rated "Pace of Play" under a system developed by the USGA.  [ http://www.usga.org/MicroSiteContent.aspx?id=21474856265 ]  As the USGA states, "the USGA Pace Rating answers the question: How fast should a group of four average golfers play on a busy day?"  There are a couple courses in our area that have "Pace of Play" ratings close to the 4:30 mark.  There are long walks between a number of greens/tees and it is a bit like walking an extra 5-6...
Good point.  And the guy has a decent enough swing in the video that he can't be just another male model pretending to be a golfer. Having carried a single strap bag for decades before switching to a double strap, it was always standard to swing the butt end of the bag around behind you (just like one does with a double strap).  Can't do that with the butt end leading.  Also, when caddying, you can pull the right club without swinging the bag around when the clubs face...
You carry your golf bag on your shoulder with the clubs pointing backward.
I have been told in the past to keep pull/push carts off greens, fringes/collars, tees, bunkers and GUR.
Somewhat in the same boat.  While there are clubs that I hit more consistently than others, none are so consistent that I can guarantee a good shot.  That is why I tend to just hit driver from the tee.  It is so much more satisfying to hit a driver O.B. than to hit a hybrid or iron O.B.