or Connect

Posts by bkuehn1952

Does everyone's course(s) regularly publish the green's stimp meter reading?  I play quite a few courses over the course of a year and rarely see anything posted concerning the day's stimp meter reading.  How does everyone know what the green's are stimping?  I suppose at some of the higher end private clubs the green committee might go out and take readings but I have never seen anyone at the many public courses I play walking around taking stimp readings.   I have...
For those who have consistent problems on the back nine, do you think you focus too much on what your final score will be?  It is easy to lose sight of the need to continue to hit one shot at a time when one has a great start to a round.  I know I still struggle at times on the back nine when I become too aware of "what might be."  I can be relaxed and confident until I suddenly realize that I have a really nice round developing.  Then I unconsciously change the way I...
You are probably correct.  I know when I play on a very wet course I often have problems hitting down and through the ball.  Subconsciously I know hitting down and through will result in a big splat with mud and water everywhere.  So my misses often are thin shots.
Quote:My response was I hit 7 to 8 GIR on average. Last year I hit 42.3% of the greens over the course of the season. That translates into 7.614 greens, which seemed like a poor way to describe my "normal" day versus the 7 to 8 statement.
Many of us, including me, don't really care how far someone claims to hit a certain club.  Post away on the internet about your prowess.  Talk all you want in the bar about how you can really smoke the driver.  Go out on the course with me and shoot a great score; that will impress me.  The rest is all hot air and most likely empty boasts.
15 of 18 is the best I have managed.  My average tends to be around 7-8.
Put the money in your Roth IRA.
Not being female, I certainly can't answer this question with any great authority.  My observation has been that women, for the most part, play golf for the social aspects of the game.  They play to be with their spouse,partner, boy friend, friends.  One will rarely see a single woman on the course.  It is not common to see a woman alone at the range beating balls.   Of course a significant number of men play golf for the social aspects, too.  But a great number of us...
All those menus look pretty good.  I tend toward simple dishes.     Braised lamb shanks in tomato based sauce Green beans Rice/Rice Pilaf Tossed salad   Vanilla ice cream with options for various sauces and toppings   Bell's Oberon Guinness An Argentinian Malbec
One of the gentlemen who developed our current handicap system certainly thinks the system favors the better player in a head to head match.  Dean Knuth said: "Although handicaps are supposed to equalize matches, it's not always true, is it?  Unfortunately not. The scale is tipped in favor of the better player.  The way the formula works, for every six strokes difference in handicap, the better player has a one-stroke advantage, because the lower handicapper is more likely...