or Connect

Posts by bkuehn1952

Is it possible that the course was re-measured and the actual yardage was corrected?  Other than that, I agree that a .5 change on the course rating is a lot if the total yardage and features remained unchanged.
 Invest in some quality comfortable golf shoes if you haven't already.  Clean your bag out often; weight is your enemy.  When near the green, leave your bag on the side and rear of the green in the direction of the next hole.  That allows you to exit the green quickly and the group following you will appreciate your consideration.
Hopefully you will have a long wait.  I am 62 and still carry without any problems.  As you said, it feels good to get a little extra workout.
Given comparable players, efficient use of the cart and a relatively clear course, you are correct.
One of Dan's problems is money.  He last saw his coach/pro on July 31.  I suspect he sees him so infrequently because he can't afford an hour every other day.  He lost access to his "Trackman" over a year ago.  After Nike outfitted him, he has had to purchase every piece of equipment since.  He stopped getting the services of a physical trainer over a year ago.  He finally had to begin paying for the use of a golf course and practice area a year ago (was comped previously)...
The way I tend to assess these deals is I take the amount of the membership ($499) and divide by what a typical round for you at the course might be.  I can see that they run a "Summer Special" so let's say the average greens fee will be $35.  Are you going to play there 15 times or more between now and the end of 2015?  I suspect we both know the answer is "yes."  Every time you play Pelham in excess of 15 times is essentially free.  Since you prefer walking and the...
Five in one round.  Do it about once every 5 years.  Getting 2 in a round is fairly rare for me so I tend to recall the rounds with 4 or 5.
Every once in a while I am poking along and suddenly there is a single or twosome in a cart behind me.  Usually it occurs on the back nine.  I know I have several holes clear behind me when I make the turn so sometimes I take extra time to pick some wildflowers for my wife or do a bit of ball shagging.  If player or two tee off on #10, they can sometimes zoom up on me and I suspect they post a thread about some old fart picking flowers and holding up their game.  Once I am...
You are not playing a competition.  There is no tournament commitee or likely anyone in a postion to make a decision.  Your approach (teeing up at the marker)  offers a reasonable approach and you should be good to post scores to your handicap, claim a hole-in-one, etc...  Presumably the tees are not extremely wide and using one edge versus another offers no marked advantage.  If that is not the case, you might just use the center of the tee for every hole to be...
Anything that 60+ year olds play can't be cool.  Cool is the province of youth.  Right now few under the age of 25 think golf is cool.  So what is cool?  Darned if I know since I am part of the 60+ crew.  Do I care that golf is not cool?  Nope.