or Connect

Posts by osean79

Just be happy that you are able to golf, alot of people can't. Your bad round shouldn't hurt your overall handicap unless you keep shooting such a high score 10 times in a row. And if that happens, you have a legit reason to get upset and rant. Why don't you purposely try to shoot worse? I heard it helped some people...
My first eagle was a par 4, driveable 307yd hole. Drove the green, and made the 20' down-hill left to right putt. It was during a round with my regular Sunday morning round buddies and I was ecstatic!! It was a career round for me that day, carded a 74 with a birdy at 17th to make a nice finish. You never forget your first birdy and first eagle.
I always count the steps from the ball to the hole. 3 steps equals to about 2 inches of back and forward swing with the putter. Using that formula, i adjust accordingly to slope and usually find a tap in for a missed putt.
Practiced diligently for a full month before playing my first round. Shot a 62 over par, and can only remember my first tee shot which i swung at with all my might and dribbled the ball 20 yds forward.
I definitely recommended taking a video of your swing. I too was shocked when I first saw my video and realized my 3/4 swing was actually past parellel. After viewing the video and a short practice session later (again with video) i realized my 1/2 swing was 3/4. Zeph is right, feel is not real. Seeing your own swing on a vid is absolutely an eye opener. Make sure to record the voice, and loudly comment what type of swing you will be making to properly note what your...
I also never took a lesson, but can't hit the ball like Bubba. Amazing natural athlete, great golfer, and great person. It's entertaining to watch him murder the ball off the tee as well. =)
I also came to realize that i hit better shots when making only 3/4 swings not soon after I started playing golf. I do this for all swings, including the driver and it works. Of course, if i need an extra 20-30 yds i do purposely make a bigger backswing but only if i can afford to mishit it. As for losing distance, i actually gained more distance as I developed a better swing and consistant hit on the sweet spot. Average 7 iron is about 170, so i'm not concerned with...
I don't like posting any negative reply, but I gotta say this post was a bad one. Honestly, why would you go and post how you quit on your round cause your game went sour? It's not something to be proud of. This game is about recovery, and you just announced to everyone here that you'd rather quit the game then to suffer a bad round. Just enjoy the game. Oh, and your hook, you probably got excited about your multiple birdies and your arms got tight.
I went from a 18 to 10 handicap by switching my iron set to blades. You are right in that the blades would force you to make better swings to have good results, and it'll help you in the long run. It took me 3 weeks of practice and tinkering with the swing, before hitting them well consistantly. It's a great feeling hitting a pure iron shot with a blade!
At this point, you've got the arsenal of weapons to shoot under 80, but you lack the mental game. You are shooting your best game ever, and a couple of mental lapses later you are finishing with a 11-12 over par again. I too am all too familiar with the above picture, and I think I've learned to get over the hump by a positive attitude and avoiding the danger zones. I believe the biggest favor you can do for yourself on the course is, first know your game and know...