or Connect

Posts by antnee94

My dilemma also. I have played a 5 wood for many years. In fact it is one of my favorite clubs. I use it for anything 215 and out.  I use it off the tee on some select holes (I'm able to get it 225-240 teed up). I have the TM RBZ with an aftermarket Fujikura Rombax Type-X Shaft. It matches the 3 wood in my bag also. I can hit the 5 wood off the deck very well, but will rarely hit it if the ball is in the rough. I keep looking for something that will give me a similar...
I track all my swings with my GPS watch. I keep three sets of numbers, overall average, anything hit above a normal mishit distance, and anything hit in my sweet spot range. For example, I throw out any mishits for my driver that do not travel 225 yards (assume I'm playing into a stiff wind, hit high or low on the face, or smack a tree). Also, the same driver I count all shots between 225 and 290 (my sweet spot, which throws out any downhill, downwind or absolutely...
Driver - Titleist 913 D2: $399 3W - TM RBZ: $549 - aftermarket Fujikura Rombax Type-X 5W - TM RBZ: $429 - aftermarket Fujikura Rombax Type-X 4H  - Adams Idea A12: $220 aftermarket pull off ebay Mitsubishi Diamana D+ HY92 Irons - Mizuno JPX 800 Pro - 5-PW: $600 Wedges - Titlesit Vokeys 50, 56, 60: $360 combined Putter - SC California Coranado: $300 Titleist 14 Way Premium Stand Bag: $220 ---------------------------------------------------------- TOTAL: Too Much...
Right now I finished this season as a 10.5 Handicap and have taken lessons the last two years. I was stagnant at a 15 handicap three seasons ago and didn't see any improvement for the first time since 2006...the year I started to take golf serious. I realized I was never going to achieve my goals of becoming a single digit if I didn't figure out some consistency.   I was a short driver of the golf ball...only 230ish with a push hook hitting only 42% of my fairways. I...
See my signature below.
I have a 64 degree Vokey. Total waste of money. Played 3 rounds with it. I never use more than my 60. And when I'm trying to sure up the top of my bag the 56 is the highest lofted wedge in my bag. I barely use my 60 degree wedge. I mainly use it when I play a specific course which has a lot of elevated greens with bunker protection surrounding. It stays in the bag but can go rounds without using it sometimes. 
I've had a 3 & 5 wood set up in my bag since I started golfing 18 years ago. No matter what I try as far as a hybrid is concerned, I still can't get that 5 wood out of my bag.   I use it off the tee and off the deck. It is one of my most consistent clubs. I actually fear the 3 wood off the deck to the point I tend to baby my swing and lose it right because I'm always afraid of the pull hook. But with the 5 wood there is no fear to go after it. It goes dead straight...
Freddy Couples So smooth and effortless. And it goes a country mile. I try to emulate that tempo and transition. Just not very well.
This has all been charted thanks to my Garmin S3. And yes I do own this many clubs and have used them all this year. I'm giving you the average throwing out the distances that I've mishit, and the ones that I absolutely caught pure and flew a much greater distance. I use a 25 yard range when I throw out short or long shots. I also don't record the distances when I'm playing into or with a strong wind.  I pretty much only decided on my bag set up for the remainder of...
Tiger woods -8 Alex Noren -6