or Connect

Posts by amac

This is a major problem all golfers have.  The book I mentioned has several chapter dedicated to negative self talk and the impact that has on our game.  How often to you cheer for yourself when you hit a good shot?  Probably never.  But you find it okay to openly criticize yourself when you miss a 5 footer.  The mind is a powerful tool.  I believe if you don't dedicate some time to the mental game, you will find it difficult to advance to the next level.  That's not just...
I'm no 5 hcp, but understand how you feel.  Nerves get the better of me way too often.  You need to take mental note of how you feel on those "casual" rounds when you shoot 68 vs the tournament round when you shoot 78.  It's all in your head.  There is no trick or gimmick.  It's your personal routine that is somehow changing.  You are doing something different or thinking something different before the putts and don't realize it.  Maybe you realize the importance of each...
Don't misinterpret my message.  I'm all for force on force.  My message is to train yourself better to handle people like this.  I don't know how big you are or how big the dude coming at you was, but I do know that he could have been easily thrown to the ground - weapon or not.  His state of mind would have made him vulnerable to easy counter attacks.  Wanting to "draw down" on a threatening guy leads me to believe you were simply afraid of him - he must have been bigger....
OP, I'm all about conceal carry whenever and wherever its legal.  Personally, I don't perceive a golf course the type of place to "expect" life threatening trouble.  While your experience sounds threatening, I agree with the poster stating that if you require a firearm to handle a drunk, you need to reassess your self defense plans.  What happens if you reach for your weapon and the assailant knocks it out of your hand with his 5 iron?  You've given him another weapon....
I suppose my confusion is understanding at what point I'm swinging left.  If Trackman say's I'm 4* out and the Pro says swing left, then I'm thinking I have to approach the ball more square.  I'm allowing myself to think I have to get around or behind the ball before impact.  The result is reducing the degree of outside swing path.  Or, is the left swing what happens just after impact?  The turn and follow through should eventually take the club's path to the left.  From...
Key 4 - the sweet path to the ball.  Given your desired approach to the ball, what would Trackman report as your swing path to the ball?  I'm very curious because I'm being taught to "swing left" and I wonder if this works with your teaching or against.     Thanks
Here is a shot of my blade. I commented on the softness of the steel in another thread. You can see the strike marks on the face of the putter. I don't know what's causing the marks to appear. There are lots more than shown and they are not as bad as they appear. Also, you can see where most of my contact is taking place.
Here a few shots of my two Edels. Very similar setups.
So, the new Edel mallet made it's way into my bag last weekend.  I've played 3 rounds with it and all I can say is, WOW!  I wish I had received this putter  to begin with.  First, the setup of this putter is nearly identical to the first Edel blade I received.  The aiming lines, loft and my personalized grip are all the same.  Due to the way the mallet sits, the lie is 1/2* higher up and the overall weight is slightly heavier.     The real differences are the insert and...