or Connect

Posts by amac

How are you trying to throttle back your PW?  I was taught to simply grip down about an INCH and that should take nearly 10 yards off your distance.  From there, work on stopping your backswing at the 9 o'clock position.  You will probably continue a little farther, but from that point make your downswing.  That should take another 10 yards or so off.  Another quick thought would be to have your current Titleist PW bent up one degree, making it a 46* wedge.  Your yardage...
Glad to see this post. I was unaware the impact of bending a club. But, I'm only changing the lie angle. Edwin Watts is the shop I'm planning to use. They should be gtg. Thanks
$100 is a smoking good deal! Enjoy your new sticks.
Good choice.  If you're after forgiveness and might want a little extra distance AND want a few years newer Mizuno technology, check out these JPX 825 Pro's.  On sale at Ebay.  Lots to choose from and probably pretty similar to what you want to spend.   amac
LOL!  I started my response and had to navigate away.  I thought I was starting all over, but apparently, both replies were attached.  Silly dope!  
I don't consider myself a good player, but I do appreciate the importance of getting fitted.  I play MP 64's and replaced my Vokey wedge's with Edel's.  A day with a fitter revealed that I had too little bounce, the shaft was creating a ballooning flight and the standard lie angle was too flat.  Before the Edel's, I had played Vokey's since I can remember.  Why, they do nothing but Wedge's!  They specialize in wedge development.  If you want to maximize your game, why not...
I've never owned Cleveland's, but I'm a first time owner of Mizuno's.  I've played Ping and Titleist prior and feel my current MP64's are by far the best clubs I've owned.  I say if the clubs fit your specs, you are happy with the appearance represented on the net, then go for it!  You've owned Mizuno's before, so now guess work there.  Why buy a new brand you have no experience with?  Stick with what you know.  Sorry to hear about your loss.  : (  
I'm wanting to add a gap wedge to my bag.  All my irons and wedges to date have been fitted and ordered at +2* UP.  My local golf shop says they can bend a Mizuno gap wedge up.  Will this be as reliable (holding it's new angle) as ordering it custom?  Or will Mizuno just do the same thing?  What would you do?  Thanks   amac
This is a major problem all golfers have.  The book I mentioned has several chapter dedicated to negative self talk and the impact that has on our game.  How often to you cheer for yourself when you hit a good shot?  Probably never.  But you find it okay to openly criticize yourself when you miss a 5 footer.  The mind is a powerful tool.  I believe if you don't dedicate some time to the mental game, you will find it difficult to advance to the next level.  That's not just...
I'm no 5 hcp, but understand how you feel.  Nerves get the better of me way too often.  You need to take mental note of how you feel on those "casual" rounds when you shoot 68 vs the tournament round when you shoot 78.  It's all in your head.  There is no trick or gimmick.  It's your personal routine that is somehow changing.  You are doing something different or thinking something different before the putts and don't realize it.  Maybe you realize the importance of each...