or Connect

Posts by mchichioco

Varsity?
How has your son been doing?Also for my rounds are 41,48,39,39.. We have one more tryout I believe and it is a harder course. I will need a 40 or better to be in heavy consideration for varsity.Honestly one of the main reasons people want varsity golf here is our home course is Olympic Club. And for people who aren't members like me, playing that course for free is amazing!
Hey everyone, I shot a 41! :) All I thought during my shot was "hit it straight baby" lololol. But yeah one more range session and round to go I think. @lihu Tell your son to not dwell on anything that happens. I got a triple on the first hole, got it together and went on a streak. I'm sure he'll do great!
Thanks everyone! I'll let you know how i do today, good or bad!
Hello, I am a sophomore in HS and I have tryouts for golf today. We already had a range session, we will have 2 rounds and another range session. I was on the team last year with anaverage of 44 and now I'm at about 41(9 holes)... however these tryouts will determine where I place on the team for the first few matches. Varsity is a stretch, but it is very possible because we need to shoot below 40 both times to have a chance. Anyways, any advice on what should be going...
Thank you guys for all the helpful advice so far... Also I should mention that my most common mis hit with these shots are usually fat ones. They aren't super fat where they go like 10 yards, but it It causes me to lose distance and land short of the target where sand bunkers are usually placed
Hello everyone, Lately on the course I would smash a drive only to mis hit my approach. I've been struggling most with 100 yards in... I find myself gauging distance wrong or hitting it fat/thin ect. This type of shot used to be my strength and now it is costing me a lot of strokes. Anyways, any advice or drills to work on this would be appreciated. Thanks
Thank you everyone for the help, I'll try to ask my coach next week and see what he says
I don't think it is caused by my head going right. I just had a lesson the other day and the only problem with my head was that it was moving up bit that wasn't caused by the club dragging. But I have a question, do you all think about picking the club up on the takeaway
Hey everyone, When I was at the mats yesterday I noticed that especially on my driver the first piece of my takeaway the club kind of drags on the mat. Is this necessarily a bad thing?