or Connect

Posts by Dmalashe

So I've been told by practically everyone I play with that I tend to over swing. I can definitely feel myself doing this. I don't have to tell you how many problems this causes for me. When I line up for a practice swing, I have no problem stopping earlier, and shortening it, but for some reason when I address the ball, I always seem to over swing so much to the point that sometimes I can't even see the ball at the top of my swing (very very bad I know).    The...
Does keeping the head back also help prevent coming over the top? It seems like it does, but I'm just wondering. 
So some of you may have read my other posts from the past few days. I've been posting a lot lately. I'm fairly new to the game and very determined to master it! Or at least work my way to a single digit handicap.    My previous posts have been about my wrist hinge, and connection. I just came back from the range and tried early wrist setting to help shorten my backswing, and stay on plane based on some of your suggestions. Unfortunately, nothing seemed to be working,...
mvmac,   The top video you posted (Mickelson) is kind of what my swing resembles. I take the club back extremely far where it's over parallel. Obviously, I don't hit the ball like Mickelson. A lot of the time as I mentioned in my original post, I'll take it way to far back than even in that video, and get completely disconnected. That's why I'm considering the early wrist break, but only if it's a correct move. I"m not trying to pick up any bad habits this early in...
So I've been having a lot of issues with my back swing lately. I feel like I take the club way too far back, and get completely off plane, get disconnected, among other big issues. I was told to try the early wrist set drill, which I've been practicing and I'm going to try it out at the range tomorrow.    Generally speaking, is the early wrist hinge the proper way to start your back swing? I was always under the impression that you take the club back to waste high...
When the club is at waste high on my back swing, I feel that is when and where everything falls apart for me. I take the club back with my shoulders, and arms in synch to waste high level, and then I either hinge my wrists way too much which causes the excessive back swing, and the disconnection with my right elbow. I was recently told to simply bend my right arm when the club is at waste high level, and that will keep me connected, but I find that I don't get nearly...
So I don't know what it is, but as of late, my swing has completely fallen apart. I'm a fairly new golfer (3rd year) and roughly a 20 handicap. I'm struggling heavily with my back swing. I can feel myself taking the club way too far back and getting completely off plain. I seem to be able to control this on the range, and hit fairly solid shots, but when I'm on the course, I don't know what it is, but I take the club way too far back to the point where I can see the club...
Forepoints,    thanks for the tip. I just got back from the range and definitely felt more comfortable and hit more solid shots with my longer clubs by slowing everything down. Something else that seemed to work out for me at the range was staying connected on my down swing. I tried making sure that my right elbow and bicep was touching my right rib cage throughout the entire down swing, Does that sound right? I definitely saw more consistency from...
So I am a 4th year golfer. I'm realistically a 20 handicap or so (average low 90s). Over years of tips, and moves to focus on, I've started focusing mainly on 2 aspects of my swing that I found if I do properly I will always have a solid shot. These 2 things are hinging my right wrist as much as possible once the club gets to about waist high in my back swing, and keeping my head behind the ball at impact. I'm pretty certain that keeping my head behind the ball is the...