or Connect

Posts by link3220

I'm by no means a Tiger apologist, but I'm going to sound like one now. For everyone who's mentioned that he was 'cavalier' with the rules, or that he didn't understand them well enough... Tiger probably knows the rules better than the people who wrote them. At Augusta, if his ball had gone across the water, hit the bank, and rolled back into the water, I'm sure he would have played from the correct spot. But hitting the flag stick and ricocheting back? Obviously his mind...
I agree with Callaway, the gap in yardage between your 6 and 9 irons doesn't leave much room to use your 7 or 8 iron. Hopefully that will improve as you play more. By "decent", if you mean "I won't be embarrassed by how short I hit it", don't worry, your 9 iron distance is pretty good for a beginner, and most golfers aren't worried about how far you hit a certain club, anyway. If your buddies give you a hard time for using a 5 iron while they're hitting a 7, putting your...
You could steal a paper toilet seat cover from a public bathroom, but I guess you'd have to lag it pretty close to the hole.  
My favorite golf book is one I found at a rummage sale and paid a whopping 25 cents for, "Play Better Golf" by Jack Nicklaus. It's a small book, with hand drawn black and white pictures that aren't always easy to see, but Jack explains what he's teaching in such an uncomplicated way, you might have heard the same advice 10 times before, but this time it sinks in. I loaned this book to my son, who of course lost it, so I found a copy of my 25 cent treasure on Amazon and...
I'm by no means an expert, but I seem to remember reading (or maybe watching Golf Channel Academy) that to get more height on your drive, to move the ball forward in your stance. This will get your club on more of an upswing as it makes contact with the ball. If this doesn't work, you might want to try teeing it a bit higher. If you tee the ball sort of low now, you might want to try teeing it higher first, and see if that makes a difference.