or Connect

Posts by uscmatt99

Another great course about 15 miles away from Quail Hollow is the Reserve at Thunder Hill.  Very challenging, but a lot of fun and not too crowded.  I played one of the Quail Hollow courses several years ago and didn't come away that impressed.
+1 I focused on these first 3 keys of the 5SK system, and it makes a world of difference.  There are some nice drills on youtube that concentrate on steady head and weight forward in particular.  Too often there are these complex gimmicks and swing fixes that, for me, do more harm than good.    If you concentrate on a steady head, you will remain balanced.  If you concentrate on weight forward at impact, you'll make more consistent contact.  If you concentrate on a flat...
Nice post Mr. Desmond.  I agree that most people would view the situation much more positively if the S&T folks adapted their approach based on new data, and were open and receptive to criticism.  New data and techniques become available all the time in the scientific community, and open discussion helps us get closer to the truth.
Erik,   Do you have a source you could refer us to regarding the moment of impact?  I'd be interested to read more about it.  Well-written post up top by the way, and thanks for responding to my PMs.
Dave,   Thanks for the detailed info.  I just spoke with a customer service rep from FedEx about shipping from Kalamazoo, MI to Scottsdale, AZ.  I said 35 pounds, insured for $900, and the ground rate each way was quoted as $70, or 3-day was over $200!!  For some reason the local office could not give me an estimate over the phone.   What am I doing wrong?  I'd like to bring my clubs rather than rent, and carrying them will be exceedingly painful with a toddler...
Erik,   Thanks for the reply.  I didn't realise there was another thread where that was all discussed, I would have posted there instead.  My apologies.  I still need to go through some of the other threads in this subforum.  And thanks again for all of your hard work, and putting your data and observations out there for criticism.  Open discussion is the quickest way to the truth.   And I just want to reiterate, thanks so much for calling it like you see it.  I...
This is my first post on the forum, but I've been an active reader for over a year.   A bit about my history.  I'm 35 years old and have been playing since high school.  My game peaked during graduate school where I was regularly shooting in the low 80's, not uncommonly in the high 70's.  I never calculated a handicap unfortunately.  In the intervening years I've been able to play less and less due to work and family considerations, and I noticed deterioration in my...