or Connect

Posts by Meltdwhiskey

Please answer the question. Provide a definition for a divot hole that does is non-ambiguous. I promise I don't have the passion about this particular subject to continue this.  It was just a thought I had that it seemed a bit unfortunate to hit into a divot.  I might be able to spend some real time on it and come up with a bullet proof definition, but I am not. I will however start with one that might suffice for the situations I am thinking of. You get free relief if...
We left the principles "in the dust" because you're allowed to mark your ball on the green?  Good grief......We NEVER do it. It is adhered to 0% of the time. Bubba's situation wasn't subjective at all.  The hole was determined to be that of a burrowing animal.  That's all there was to it. Then mine isn't subjective either.  My ball is determine to be in a divot - that is all there is to it.  Those that want to change rules want to change them because they don't like the...
When does a divot hole cease to be a divot hole?At the same point in time a burrowing animal hole ceases to be a burrowing animal hole Also, divot holes exist in the rough, and the Rules don't define the fairway.I didn't know the fairway wasn't defined.  I've often heard that "Winter Rules" apply only to the fairway.  So someone is finding a way.  But to make it easy, I'll say any divot anywhere. I think y'all are really trying to make something difficult out of something...
 I agree with you on what the point is.  I just don't agree that we're doing it.  When the principle is that you don't touch your ball, and then 100% of pro golfers touch their ball on 100% of the golf holes they play (except hole-outs I guess), I feel we've left them in the dust.  This principle happens 0% of the time.  If we were adhering to your standard above, I'd bet we'd see them adhere to it upwards of 1% of the time.   I'm also not sure LC&P because it rained...
   With the guys I play with most often, two players will sometimes play at the same time.  No reason not to if you are in the rough on opposite sides of the fairway and not disturbing each other.  Order of play is irrelevant in stroke play, despite the wording of the rule.  Whatup Fourputt?  I had a feeling I'd hear from you on this - or anything else about the rules.  I like the new avatar.  Is that an impressionist? or is it just an effect in a photo? Anyway - I agree....
 I second this.  I first heard of this as a report on TV.  The way I understood it at the time was that it helped prove that talent was over-rated and that the goal was some level of professional golf - not sure exactly what lever, but I assumed a playing pro, but not the PGA tour.  It does sound like they are backing off of the goal.
 How do you know where to drop if your ball is lost?Maybe every hole has a drop area?  Or the last place it crossed over from fairway into rough / woods / whatever? How do you define a "divot", and at what exact point does a divot no longer become a divot?I guess a divot is a spot where a chunk of grass has been taken out of the fairway by a previous player hitting the ball.  I'd also probably include include when a ball sets down in a ball mark of a previous player -...
I'd probably change S&D for OOB / lost ball to something more like hitting into hazards.  Mainly in an attempt to rule out any going back to re-tee.   And I'd give a free drop out of divots.
 Gotta go with this one.  In Georgia in the summer, it can become more of an exercise in sweat management than golf.
 I see what you're saying - she didn't pick Mary out of a crowd or anything.  But right out of the gate she wasn't concerned with weather or not the girl would hit the circle.  Instead of leaving it to chance or her intuition on that girl's accuracy, she chose to engineer a head-to-head shootout.  And she knew who the opponent would be.  I think this says she thought she had a better than 50% chance of beating her.  And then she did.