or Connect

Posts by waldo

Lessons for certain plus find a certified fitter of club maker when you decide to make a purchase. Right now it would seem it's the Indian creating a problem with contact. Once you find improvement then you can look into new arrows. A club fitter or maker that is certified by an independent organization instead of one that is trained and certified by the retail store is usually a better bet for getting it right. Just HMO
I am not certain this would provide accurate results. The offset and sole demensions are going to affect the lie and loft calculations, and those variables influence the playing length of a club. That's why club rulers and lie/loft machines are used to make more accurate measurements.Back to OP, four degrees is a boat load of lie adjustment. When a player is that extreme it would suggest they might need a length and lie adjustment. Add or subtract an inch and add or...
Stress fracture of the tibia when he won 08 Open. I would think that took a lot of "drive"
I'm not sure where the HL designation came into play with the rocketbladez irons. A taylormade rep told me it's a "rebadging" of the originals, and they do look the same if compared side by side. The price seems very good and I personally play the rocketbladez and love them. You probably have already done a search and found the really large thread regarding this club when it was originally released. They are very forgiving on miss hits and I find them fairly easy to draw...
You could become a certified club maker and/or fitter. Then you could start building a practice by contacting teaching pros at your local munis and driving ranges. Your services gives the pro more opportunities to help clients, promote himself, and make more money. I know several semi retired people doing this and they are adding $40000.00 plus to their annual income. They started out locally and eventually net worked into semi private clubs. The hard part for them was...
As I read through these posts I see so many outstanding perceptions of why play is slow and how to improve it. I have realized that the reoccurring thought that there is no consensus on what is a fair pace or how to create it. I have thought about the what's and whys for years and now I am thinking it is what it is and there are no answers that will make everyone satisfied. So my solution for me is I find courses that tend to play faster and  get one of the first (if not...
I'm not sure I agree with this; in the 80's I had the first tee time at Cog Hill 2 & 4 on Sundays, the 90's first tee time at Balmoral Woods, recently I only play weekdays and only at the course I can get the first tee time ( usually George Dunne or Waters Edge ). I have never had the second group off come close to me or within 30 mins of my time.In the 70's my father taught me ready call, or as his friends use to say what are you waiting for junior. My groups never...
Fair enough. I agree with your belief on chain store reps not being the best choice for a fitting.
I hope you are inadvertently leaving out PCS or GCA people from your thoughts on who is qualified to properly fit clubs. They are more then qualified to understand the dynamics of club fitting, and their organizations have been around longer and have made substantial contributions to the golf industry.
I do not think Tiger is on steroids. However; Why might a golfer use roids? As testosterone levels decrease with age so does our endurance/stamina, fat accumulates quicker/easier so we go from a "flat bell to a round belly", we loose strength and muscle, we are more injury prone. Steroids does have a benefit for older golfers they aren't simply for getting bigger and stronger. None the less; Tiger doesn't seem to be on steroids IMHO.