or Connect

Posts by waldo

I'm not sure I agree with this; in the 80's I had the first tee time at Cog Hill 2 & 4 on Sundays, the 90's first tee time at Balmoral Woods, recently I only play weekdays and only at the course I can get the first tee time ( usually George Dunne or Waters Edge ). I have never had the second group off come close to me or within 30 mins of my time.In the 70's my father taught me ready call, or as his friends use to say what are you waiting for junior. My groups never...
Fair enough. I agree with your belief on chain store reps not being the best choice for a fitting.
I hope you are inadvertently leaving out PCS or GCA people from your thoughts on who is qualified to properly fit clubs. They are more then qualified to understand the dynamics of club fitting, and their organizations have been around longer and have made substantial contributions to the golf industry.
I do not think Tiger is on steroids. However; Why might a golfer use roids? As testosterone levels decrease with age so does our endurance/stamina, fat accumulates quicker/easier so we go from a "flat bell to a round belly", we loose strength and muscle, we are more injury prone. Steroids does have a benefit for older golfers they aren't simply for getting bigger and stronger. None the less; Tiger doesn't seem to be on steroids IMHO.
I agree that the company should not have marketed and sold the product a year before it was ready. My iPhone ITR is (appears) to be the full version. I, and a couple of the local club pros, used it in comparison to trackman and found the results very close. Within +/- 3% of trackman. My iPad is still using the Beta version because that has not been fully updated/tested, as is the case for all the Android products. SO; if you have an IPhone your in business. My iPad numbers...
With all do respect I disagree with Andrews assessment. When properly utilizing the ITR function the swingbyte holds up very well by comparison to Track Man The ITR ability just became available (post negative review) and it stands to reason if a person was not properly targeted with respect to the swingbyte, club face, and intended target that the individual would have "false" information. I stated such in my above post. The difference between with ITR and without is...
Sorry for bringing up older post. Has everyone using the swingbyte updated the software for ITR usage? I just did so and found a substantial change in most of the categories. The 3d images and video swings obviously look the same, but the numbers for club face (open or closed to target, expected shot shape, shaft lean,etc.) are now in line with what I see on the course and with Track Man. My original opinion of the Swingbyte2 was luke warm, but I now say Im  very satisfied...
Why wouldn't they? Modern manufacturing techniques would strongly suggest the shaft is within  1 or 2 cpm no matter what the orientation. In addition; when we get fitted and order a club with our favorite shaft how do we know that it will perform exactly as the shaft at the initial fitting? We aren't certain it will but it most likely will because the modern high end graphite shaft should perform the same in all orientations. Of course, there may be some that still flo and...
It appears that you may be cross targeted. I really cant tell with certainty but from the video your feet seem lined up left and your face pointed at the target. That should produce a draw but in your case I think your swinging the club head on the target path with your body aimed left. This may be a reason for your hooks and slices. A over the top move caused by alignment issues. The only difference between the slice and hook is the face angle at contact. When you write...
                                                                                   Tiger Woods            Jack Nicklaus Tournaments won (through 300 starts)                77                                 54Tournament winning % (300 starts)                   26.0                              18.0Majors won (first 63 starts)                                 14                                 14Major winning %                                                      22.2...