or Connect

Posts by kona golf

I went nunchuk xi in wedges as well. I am very happy with the results!
Glad to hear you got them done. I do not agree with building graphites 1/2 inch over standard just because they are graphite. I personally play a longer length because of my athletic stance / set up   You do not get taller or get shorter arms because your golf shafts are a different material.   Two different schools of thought.   Going from Steel to Nunchuks should not be a big adjustment for you as they play like steel. If you find them a little long, you...
I generally try to get within 10 units (which is next to nothing in weight). I believe Wishon suggests that 20 units (kg/Cm2) is the norm .   Usuallly wedges will be moi'd separately, However I like to get them as close as possible,   Usually within 30. This set is within 20.    I use the "Auditor" for my measurement. Some folks try to "CALCULATE" on a spread sheet. but it is not the same as investing in the Auditor. Lengths are as Follows. Remember I use...
Regards to TLT    Please visit inventor's web page @ http://www.danscustomgolfshop.com/   Regards to MOI -   Sort of - if a players has a favorite club (iron) in their bag I like to measure that club, and if possible match as closely as possible to that MOI -   Some heads are more restrictive than other for adjustment. For example if the head has a weight port, or 2 then it is much easier to hit your target. If not, it may not be cost effective to match...
If you like the cally's, you could have them reshafted with a suitable shaft.   Your pro should be able to help with that decision. Uni-Flex is a way for the OEMs create 1 SKU instead of 3 or 4. The only tru uniflex golf shaft out there today is the NUNCHUK by Nventix.    You should at least find you what you have.   Mid 80's could be R, F, or S depending on your swing.     It is very hard to learn to play properly when your equipment does not fit you...
Wilson Duo ... New for 2013 Awseome balls 
The 4 wood was a touredge xg5 ( I just switched it out for a nondescript 17 * with straight face. (Touredge was 1* open ). 42" if I remember correctly.   I build to TLT specs for length (series 8) as well as MOI rather than swing weight. (Swing weights were approx d2 - If I remember d3 - d1, they change on each club with MOI)     My Hybrids are built to the corresponding iron lengths. This maintains the proper gap between clubs.   Remind your guy that these...
If you have a golf club with a fitting center or a local club builder I would start there. If not, check nearby towns / courses.You are having some issues that proper equipment will rectify. Getting properly fitting shafts and the right mix of clubs will go a long way towards your overall improvement.Jim
A must try for any golfer is the new Wilson Duo..... All round great ball IMO. JIM
I have a bag full of Nunchuks Driver, 4 wood, 2,3 4, Hybrid (335) and 5 - SW with xi's I just returned from a vacation where I was able to play several rounds with the new xi's. I believe that the xi's offer all of the performance and accuracy of steel with all of the advantages of graphite. What I noticed was that these shafts are very forgiving on mis-hits. As an amateur I have several during a round and that may never change. They are very straight yet easy to work...