or Connect

Posts by liquor box

What a shame fixing pitch marks on the green isn't the first point. DOnt just fix the one on your line, fix the ones you create too
I like the format, but thought the coverage was really poor. There seemed to be a bigger focus on the "big name" players even if they were 3 holes up and likely to win when another pairing might be all square.   I think that maybe 4 players for all of the countries might be a bit of a stretch. Could this concept work with 2 players, or maybe 3 players per team to ensure all payers are closer in talent?   I would like to see a Great Britain team try to compete rather...
I think it will go down as the worst drop in Pro golf ever.   The drop zone sloped away from the green and was about 1.5 yards wide, there were divots about 12 inches from the higher elevation side of the circle.   I am no physicist but my basic understanding of gravity would mean that a ball dropped on the upside of the divots was going to always roll into them.   She could have dropped the ball behind the divots and had a perfect lie. Since the ball was always...
I felt sorry for Feng, sho shot a 3 under in the final round and had a handy lead and still lost. It is looking like the open will be a great tournament with all the main players looking to be in great form
Michelle Wie could use a normal length putter as a chin anchored putter!   It seems to work though, 27,32,26 putts for the first three rounds   I watch a lot of the LPGA and think there are a couple that use a belly style putter but don't anchor but none of the big names seem to.
Another interesting thing to ponder is what the courses will be like in 10 years, most courses don't have that much room to expand to add distance to each hole to make long irons part of the game. I think social tees will be moved back due to advances in technology.
I think more of what scores will be shot in 10 years time, not so much who will be shooting them. I think that unless courses are made virtually unplayable for the average golfer then scores of 7 or 8 under on all 4 days will be required to win. What will club and ball technology be able to provide in 10 years time? Will clubs get more accurate, will balls fly farther, will balls spin more etc.
No, as I explained he would need a very high percentage as I don't think his approaches would be up to pro standards, so to succeed he would need to have a perfect lie every time to think about getting close to the pin.
This story really interests me, I would love to know his percentages of fairways hit and greens in regulation, not so much his actual scores.   If you can have pro level percentages then you have a pretty good shot.   I think he would need to be close to 90% for fairways hit at a minimum (just under 13/14) He would need a high percentage to give him the best chance to hit the greens in regulation.   With the amount of practice he has put in I think his GIR for par...
I am usually around 85-90 strokes and I would say 20yds would improve me by about 5-6 shots a round, y20 yds is a big difference, I would love to turn my 5i approaches to 7i!