or Connect

Posts by liquor box

I personally would not go onto the tee box, but if you think about it this is the best possible area of the course to risk damage to the ground. Even in the unlikely event that your clubs are so heave that they do damage, most people will use a tee so the condition of the ground is not as big a deal.
I have never heard of that, are you thinking of courses in Australia with sand greens?
Massive difference for me   I kept my clubs from 1994 until 2013- they were a set of Fazer Marauder's. These were my first clubs after playing for 2 years. I had used my dads clubs from the early 80's prior to this. The Fazer clubs were nice rip offs of Tommy Armour cavity backs, I think they were 845's or silver scot from memory.   I did upgrade the driver in 2006 and gained a bit of distance.   My current clubs are a couple of years old and make a massive...
I have often thought that with all of the money that is in the middle east a sheik with too much money should build a course that features exact replicas of famous golf holes, not necessarily the hardest holes but the famous ones. Imagine having amen corner, the road hole and the island hole in the same round. As for my score, if the greens were at PGA level then I think 121 (triple on every hole) with greens somewhat suited to normal golfer then I think 103 (double every...
Good On Steve for choosing his family first.   I predict he will work with Lydia Ko on a part time basis
I dont like to pick up at a predetermined score, I then miss out of practicing my putting. I do however pick up from distances that I dont feel I need to practice from
I think right index is the one tiger tapes and Wie injured. It takes a fair bit of wear
It is mostly a woman thing, I think they fear photos of their ears looking larger
So what? I would be choosing a ball based on how I score, not whether the box tells me it is a beginner or pro ball. Ignore the branding and choose what plays best.  Same goes for clubs, play what suits you, not what advertising tells you is best
the testing condition of hazard is an interesting thing. If you stand back from the ball and take a practice swing (without grounding the club) and then move closer to the ball and play your shot then would the practice swing have been testing the condition? How do you walk into a water hazard without testing the condition?