or Connect

Posts by chico713

"Day’s par-par finish might also have spared tournament officials from a vitriolic insurrection by those who felt that the teenager had been unfairly targeted. After all, Day’s group needed 5 hours, 45 minutes to complete 18 holes, yet Guan was deemed to be the only player in violation of the slow-play policy."....That was from the Boston Globe. Tell me how Gaun was penalized and no one else was. Two reasons, he wasn't savvy enough to know how to work the clock, and he...
Not sure if it was mentioned on this 2 week old thread but I've learned the "clock" doesn't start until a player pulls a club. Tour players routinely get around the clock by debating the shot with their caddy before pulling the club. Apparently Guan didn't know how to delay the game "legally"
Good luck Jimmy. I read a book by Fred Shoemaker called "extraordinary golf" that was all about the mental side. Really enjoyed that book. Kind of a "see it, feel it, hit it" book.
Loved the Black. I felt like a "mini me" version it's so big. And I mean everything is big, the trees, the bunkers, the greens, the tee boxes. Just getting on was an experience. I was designated "early riser" and got my spot in the numbered parking lot at 4 am. I think I was no. 32 or so. Didn't know that the rest of my group had to show up in person to pay for the greens fee before they'll sell you the ticket. So I called them and woke them up. We got on the course...
Thank you. There's hope. You're the only one who answered the question.
Are you improving? Are your scores lower than they were a year, two years, 5 years ago?
I with you Indy, you're right on. Short game.. At least 2-3 shots a side.
I hit it hard enough, driver 250 yd carry, 8 iron 145. I can birdie any hole. Problem is I can make8 on any hole. It's always a few crooked numbers that kill me. It's probably mental, and course mgt. I always hit driver and should play safe more often. But then I think, what the hell, if I shoot 78 or 85, whats the difference. No one cares. It's just for personal enjoyment. And I enjoy it immensely. I have a ton of fun. I've long ago disconnected my mood from my...
My experience is that I'll "find it" on the range, but by the fourth hole, it's business as usual. I want to play golf, not golf swing. But when you hit 2 or 3 dead left, you tend to want to"figure out why". Then it's back to the drawing board....
Or at least tell me how many strokes your avg student is dropping.