or Connect

Posts by cheetahpilot

When I heard Tiger's post 2nd round interview I knew he had just admitted his violation of rule 26-1a.  I went online, golf channel, espn, cbs, nobody was talking about it.  I googled it and THIS was the only site I found discussing it.  The link said       I was not a member of the site.  Post 343 was made by the administrator, Iacas.   I don't care much about Tiger.  Admire his skills, not his person.  The administrator is obviously a fan of both, and has little...
Mordan, if someone had asked me this question I would have given the same answer you just gave me.  But if asked to show it to them in the rules I would fall flat.  Can you make your case based on a rule or official interpretation, please?  I see no requirement that the ball be dropped under rule 26-1a or anyplace in rule 27-1.   edit:  I think I have found it.  Just as rule 26-1a references rule 27-1, rule 27-1 also references rule 20-5.  Rule 20-5b says the ball...
I have a technical question about rule 26.         I made some parts in bold text.  Under 26-1b and 26-1c it is clear that the ball is to be dropped.  But under 26-1a it never says drop the ball at all, it says to play the ball as near as possible...  I would suppose dropping it would not violate the rule, but the question I am asking is whether it would be alright to just skip the drop and place the ball as you would if it had have rolled into a hazard or rolled more...
I couldn't help but ask myself a question as Cabrera and Scott were walking towards the 10th green and final hole.  That gesture, the thumbs up from one competitor to the other.  The genuine warmth of congratulation for the winning putt, and all done with his son on the bag.  Class on the part of both men.   Substitute Tiger for either man, and my how the picture changes.   Golf is a different sport.  In the end, it requires and generally rewards character over...
Dormie1360 wrote:     This is true.  Although they would have viewed the actual footage as well.  In this instance, dropping the ball in that area would have resulted in the ball moving forward, however, not back.  That said, the video cannot reveal what is in the player's mind.  He could have simply said he dropped as near as he could remember to where he hit the original shot.  BUt Tiger knew precisely where he hit the original shot.  And he calculated an advantage he...
I have read all 960 posts in this thread.  Summary: There is no doubt rule 26-1a was chosen by the player and he then broke the rule. Officials were notified by a viewer that the drop was improper.  They looked at the tape and decided there was no proof of infraction.  Player was on hole 18 when the decision was made, and officials never brought it up.  Player signed incorrect scorecard. Tiger's own words proved them wrong in a post round interview.   What...
Quotes from TigerWoods.com from today's post round interview:   Q: How hard is it, that second shot on 15 after getting a bad break like that? TIGER WOODS: Well, I went down to the drop area, that wasn't going to be a good spot, because obviously it's into the grain, it's really grainy there. And it was a little bit wet. So it was muddy and not a good spot to drop. So I went back to where I played it from, but I went two yards further back and I took, tried to take...
I didn't catch this myself at first, but Tiger is making the point himself that he added two yards to the original shot and then tried to hit the same shot.  SOMEBODY on golfchannel please address this.