or Connect

Posts by tjy355

Never heard either of those terms but let me take a WAG. In golf terms, a "stick" is a skilled player. Perhaps the expression "play off the stick," is a reference to handicapping a match where strokes are given in relation to the best player.
My must play recommendation for visitors (and residents) is the Saguaro course at We-Ko-Pa. This Coore & Crenshaw design is both challenging and playable, offering generous width off the tee that not too intimidating for the high handicapper. This course will give you a great flavor of Arizona golf in a natural desert setting, set upon and making thoughtful use of the rolling foothill terrain with gorgeous views of the surrounding mountains, and best of all - without...
Essentially, you have two choices for public golf in Sedona Sedona Golf Resort (Gary Panks 1988) A modern style that makes use of the natural terrain and native vegetation. http://www.sedonagolfresort.com/index.php Oakcreek Country Club (RT Jones Sr. & Jr. 1968) More traditional style, flatter, tree-lined. http://www.oakcreekcountryclub.com Both are a few miles south of Sedona proper in the Village of Oak Creek. Both offer scenic views of the red rocks....
There is the eGolf Amateur Tour. They have an Orlando-based tour: http://www.amateurgolftour.net/orlan...es/default.asp Don't know if it is any cheaper than the Golf Channel.
Nice pics. Sherwood is pretty nice for a real estate course. It's funny that digital cameras are silent but 95% of the people don't know how to use them (turn off the artificially generated shutter click sound or the auto flash, etc...). I got to play Sherwood in April so I was interested in watching this event on TV. I don't feel so bad about hitting one in the water at #6 (played as #15 at the Chevron - mid-iron par three over the pools/waterfalls to the shallow...
Advice: "Plan it and they will come..."
Yes. . . . . . .
General comment: A course that has mats for tees and a 207 yard par 3 that is the same length for men and ladies is a course I would recommend you not revisit. About PAR: Par is only a concept. It is just a number. It means nothing. Paying too much attention to the number and whether or not it is a "fair" number is not going to be conductive to your growth as a golfer. *edit* There is a concept of the "half-par" hole, that is one that sort of falls between. A...
An "Executive Course" in the USA typically describes a course of significantly shorter length and lower par. Usually made up of predominantly par 3's and a few par 4's. There is no particular threshold, but generally an executive course is in the 4000-5000 yard range, par 58-64, give or take.
So many more factors that determine my enjoyment of a course than just length. A good golf course design can be short and challenging without resorting to narrow fairways and thick rough. Look at Kingston Heath, site of the 2009 Australian Masters. Short by PGA Tour standards, and wide open. They didn't exactly tear it apart. I voted "don't care."