or Connect

Posts by tjy355

Red stakes indicates a lateral hazard and you do not have to find the ball to take the drop. You do have to be certain the ball entered the hazard. You may play from within a hazard unless there is a local rule prohibiting it (i.e. the increasingly popular "environmentally sensitive area") The marking of areas where lost balls are common, but are not technically water hazards (thick woods, brush or desert areas) is usually done to speed play, but is fundamentally...
Did you know that even if you pick up, you can still post the score. In fact, if you carry a handicap, you MUST post these scores. Check the manual section 5.http://www.usga.org/Rule-Books/Handi...anual/Rule-05/
What game are you playing where "most of the time" the situation does not call for playing the ball down? Learn to accept the course as you find it and play the ball as it lies. It will make you a better golfer.
Rule 19 covers a "ball in motion" stopped or deflected. Rule 18 however, stipulates that a "ball at rest" moved by an outside agency must be replaced. In this situation, I have no idea the ruling.
I watched the preview show. What a dork farm.
If anyone wants to check out playing on a dormant bermuda surface, Southern Dunes in Maricopa will not overseed this year. Last winter they were playing on overseeded tees and fairways, but not the greens. They kept the greens moist so they were receptive and rolled daily. Talk about a smooth, true and VERY FAST putting surface. Wow, lots of fun. The bermuda used at Southern Dunes is a hybrid that has a shorter dormant period than common bermuda. Actually should...
It has to do mostly with presenting a VERDANT GREEN golf course to the winter tourists who come to spend money. As well, residents have come to expect it and these days you will find very few courses in the greater Phoenix area that don't overseed. It wasn't always so, and there are some exceptions. Because of the summer temperature extremes, the grass that can be used most effectively in the the desert climate is Bermuda grass. Great playing surface from mid March...
Undoubtably, demand is down in this economy and tee times are always available somewhere. If your group is more than a foursome, I wouldn't be waiting until the morning-of, and weekends are busier naturally. As far as the resort, I would line something up asap, and understand (and make use of) the cancellation policy (usually 24-48 hrs) in case something else comes up. First wave of snowbirds come just after Thanksgiving or earlier if it gets cold early, but the main...
If I were just starting out, (in fact, I would do this even though I'm not just starting out!!), I would pass on the current model in favor of last year's model for $100-$150 less. It's really silly how short the price point "life cycle" for a Taylor Made driver is. Good stuff available for $200. Use the difference for lessons.
I live in the Phoenix metro area so I can tell you what to expect. Tees and fairways - no problems (other than they will be very wet and typically cart path only); it is the greens that make or break the experience. In my opinion, It really takes 8 weeks before you can be fairly guaranteed a good putting surface on which you wouldn't be thinking "they recently overseeded this green." The period between 4 and 8 weeks are the "gray area" and depend on the course and the...