or Connect

Posts by sonicblue

Oh Jesus H Christ on a popsicle stick...  Before "the fire hydrant," Tiger was well known as one of the most knowledgeable guys on Tour regarding the rules.  Now every half-cocked judgmental asshat wants to frame every single thing he does as dishonest, cheating, deceptive, etc...  No rules official saw it, they don't have "aerial instant replay" available for the players.  His playing partner AND his playing partner's caddie agreed on the drop.  It's not like Tiger had...
 All of the above puts the cart before the horse, IMO.  For someone three-putting out of his mind, he doesn't need to hear about the 'trailing hand' or go hit 100 putts.  He's got some fundamental problems that need to be addressed first.  The first thing to note about putting is this: it's just tapping a ball and rolling it.  The ball doesn't slice, or duff, or skull....you're bumping the ball to make it roll in the hole.  It's dead easy......in concept.  However, it is...
Lest we forget that, as Rory, or Phil, or Dustin, or Keegan, et al, have all taken their turns as the media favorite 'next' contender, there's one guy that - save for about an 18-month period where his life FELL APART - has also been there the entire time: Tiger.  I mean, through all this, after everything that's happened - the affairs, the injuries, the coach change, the swing overhaul - Tiger is NUMBER 2 in the FedEx Cup, behind the currently coronated 'next,' with a...
Clubs are sold!  Thanks.
Pics available later tonight, sorry, wanted to put this up asap, as I just purchased a new (to me!) set online.  I purchased these used several months ago, and they're just not the right fit for me.  The shafts are stiff steel.  All clubs only show normal wear.  The 4-PW grips were changed out by the previous owner to a blue Winn grip; the 3-iron has the standard black TM grip still on it (I guess he didn't even try to hit it, and neither have I!).   I'm playing in a...
Allison.  So delicious.  Aaaaaaaaannnnnnnndddddddddd.........I'm spent.
I'm on my 3rd round of P90X.  The first round I did the "lean" program, after being inactive for quite a while.  I then did a round of the "Classic" but, toward the end, I realized I was still in the mode of "taking it easy," and decided I had to tee it up again to see how much I could push.  This morning was the Plyo workout in Week 3.  Bring it!
When Tiger held the #1 spot, he was so far clear of the next player, that it took -- how long of his NOT EVEN PLAYING -- for someone to finally unseat him?  I haven't bothered to investigate the math, but the occasional disapperance of Donald and McIlroy and Westwood from relevance in any given tournament, compared to how Tiger is already seemingly getting his flare back for always finding the first page, let alone winning, makes it nearly a lock that he will regain the...
I was just reading the golf.com article on Tiger's win.  I had to double-take:   "Bay Hill marked Woods's last start before the Masters at Augusta National, where Woods hasn't finished worse than a tie for sixth since 2004."   Take careful note of that comment.  Just five months after "2-Iron-Gate" and then a year after that, somewhere admist the change in swing coaches (can't remember exactly when that happened) and the recovery from the "under the pine tree...
It's really pretty amazing when you think about it.  They were talking to Ernie about how off his game has been for a year and a half.  Sergio is a mess (still).  Phil had a horrible week.  There are so many players out there who did not go through the ridiculous turn of personal events Tiger has in the last two years, yet they're still struggling to compete consistently.  Meanwhile, we've all put this albatross around Tiger's neck of winning, but looking at his last few...