or Connect

Posts by is 120 respectable

Thanks for the suggestions. I know it cannot be #1 because I was standing identical distance away from my hybrid, which I was hitting very well. #2 and #3 are definite possibilities, though. I will try those out for sure.
Back when I was a golf novice (idiot) I bought myself all new woods because the hand-me-downs I had been playing were small, old, and embarrassing amongst my playing partners newer equipment. I went ahead and bought a driver, 3 wood, and 5 hybrid at this time. My thinking was that all golfers carried a driver, 3, and 5, but that 3 and 5 woods were interchangable with 3 and 5 hybrids (dumb). All of these clubs had "Regular" shaft flexes. Fast forward to the present....
Ok thanks for the responses guys. Yes, I still do occasionally shoot in the 90s .
I had a question very similar to this. Someone in this forum said something to the effect that they updated their handicap when they got their new clubs. I took this as they basically restarted their handicap. My problem is I started tracking mine when I shot high 90s and played all the time. Now I shoot mid 80s, but I hardly ever play any more. So basically I was wondering if I should reset it to more accurately reflect my scores, or just keep posting scores and very...
I agree with you. There was absolutely no reason for that guy to make a comment like that. I think sometimes people just get frustrated by the slow pace of play at courses on weekends now. You said your round only took 4 hours, which to me feels like an eternity. Last weekend I played a round that took 5 hours!! Anyhow like I said the guy should have just made a sincere apology and the whole event would have been over.
This post almost sums up my most shameful moment on the golf course, only mine ended worse. I hit a terrible 7-iron on a Par 3, just one of many terrible shots that day, and frustration had been building. As I started on my "second backswing" the club slips from my hands flying parallel to the ground. This club was flying really, really fast. Who is standing right behind me? No other than dear old DAD, who was hit squarely in the shin. Needless to say, he couldn't...
Distance used to destroy my putts as well. I would either blow them by the hole or leave them halfway short. One thing that I have started doing (I know that I'm not alone here) is when I'm above and beside my ball I take my practice strokes not while looking at the ground but while looking at the hole. I might make 3 or even 4 continuous, pendulum-like strokes all the while I'm trying to gauge exactly how hard I have got to hit the putt to get it to the promised land. ...
Shot a 43 today on the front 9 at Valley Green. Walked them in a torrential downpour. Made the playing kind of tough, but it was fun besides the fact that I forgot my umbrella. My driver was good, my putting and chipping were fine, but I was pushing my irons about 10-15 yards right of my intended target. This made scoring tough, but if it weren't for the triple bogey on the the last hole...
Now that this thread has opened up again, I will repost my experience of yesterday's round since I'm still ecstatic. I hadn't been able to accomplish my goal of breaking 90 all summer long. My last 3 rounds had been 90, 91, and 90. Finally yesterday I broke through with an 85 (par 72). I went 43-42 and was very consistent playing bogey golf. The greens were like rocks and I found it amazingly difficult to get my ball to stay on the green. I had at least 5 shots I...
OK, I don't really know what you want to know, but I feel bad when someone doesn't get a response to a good question when at the same time the same questions about slicing or shanks get answered time and time again. My $.02 is that the $60 net is probably best. I don't know what you mean by the fake golf balls, but I have used golf wiffle balls quite a bit. They are helpful but drive me nuts when the slightest wind blows them offline. It also sounds to me like you...