or Connect

Posts by kiwi91123

Sorry I must of misread the stats on it. I was sure I read somewhere that 5% of golfers use it which I thought myself was too high.
The thing is but today when I was hitting the ball using the "correct" grip I was hitting my irons 20 yards further and the shots all had a much better shape and trajectory to them. The only problem was consistency. I don't know if its worth my trying to work at it or just stay with my tried and trusted grip and risk not improving or do I switch it and chance maybe not being at the same level for a few months.   The driver I was hitting roughly the same as what I was...
It may look strange but its alot more common than you think About 5% off all golfers use it. I think the main pro at the moment is called John Callagher and he plays on the amateur tour right now. It does look weird but the people how use the grip, it feels natural to them.
Yeah well remember haha   I have moved to a new town and its a whole different golf course I play now.   This new course is alot longer and with my driver and woods my distance is fine but its with my irons that I struggle to get the proper distances.   The course I play is also links so its naturally alot firmer so the more loft in my hands the better for the approach shots.   Plus I just feel that with the club play in seasons now finished I feel like this would...
Hey   I have being playing golf now for as long as I can remember and I have always used the cack handed ( left hand below right) grip.   I play off of 4 right now and I am finding it really hard to get down to scratch which is ultimately where I want to be.   I have looked around the internet and found that being cack handed loses you distance and at the course I play at there are 3 par 3s all over 220 yards. So my question is should I change to try and get my...
Ok. The reason I want to fix this because I reckon I'am losing 2 clubs or so worth if distance because of the face the face is open during contact. Everyone else I play with, their divots point straight down the target line, or near enough, and they hit a lot further than me. This divot pointing left issue has only starting happening in the last 6 months or so and the distance I have lost is huge because of it I reckon. When I do get the ball traveling in the same...
Hey guys and gals   How is everyone today?   Just a quick question about your divots.   What direction does your divot point after your shot?   Mine point way to left. If I am aiming and the target line the divot would point maybe to a 30-45 degree to that line.   The ball travels straight but which means the club face must be way open through impact.   Any tips or drills to work on straightening out the divot and keeping the clubface more neutral...
Let us know the results 
Go to a local driving range and hit some shots with them.    It probably is just a matter of new clubs needing to be broken in, so to speak.   Plus needing to adapt from old iron tech that was in the firesole may feel different than the newer tech in the burners.   Moral is try and hit shots with them and get used to them.
It could be the weighting of the new clubs.   The older clubs might have a little more weight in the toe of the club promoting it to turn over and hiding the slicing.   Do you slice your driver or any other clubs?