or Connect

Posts by lewisgl

Sorry to hear about this but then again I am not surprised much.   I imagine you are one of quite a few people to be pretty upset about this.   To change the name of the Rocketballz Urethane and charge $2 more a dozen for probably the same ball, and apparently a very temporary name doesn't seem to be the best way to go about things.  This probably explains why they haven't put a seamless cover on the Project A.  The "Mypreferred better be an improved version of the...
Imho, one of the reasons why Titleist has kept the Pro V1 name is very simple.  It has been the top seller since not long after it first came out.  Why change the name when it has been so successful.    Would be stupid to change it since it has been kicking butt in the market place for many years.  The other guys are just trying to come up with something to compete with the juggernaut and they have basically been competing for 2nd place so far, so we see a pattern of the...
I have been comparing the Project A ball with the new Cally SR-1, 2, and Bridgestone B330RXX around the greens for chipping, pitching and putting, but have not used them in a round of golf yet, weather hasn't been cooperating, lots of rain lately.   Feel wise, for chipping and pitching, the Project A has a better feel than either the SR-1 and B330RXS imho.   Seems to be pretty close with the Project A and Cally SR-2.   For 20-30  pitch shots the Project A and SR-2...
With the way the iron sets are configured these days it is getting harder to not have 4 wedges.  I have a pitching wedge that is 45 degrees, as strong as the 9 iron  I had, and have a 50, 55 and 60.   I don't even carry a 5 iron right now because the new 6 is the same loft as the old 5. 
I am not going to argue statistics too much since I haven't dug too awfully deep into them as it appears many have, so  will not get into that argument too much, other than to say in that in my opinion, the depth of talent is quite a bit greater now than it was 30 or 40 years ago..  There are good and bad arguments on both sides and a lot of folks are loyal to one or the other so much that they probably are not going to budge too much on their opinion. I didn't care for...
Thanks for the information.   I also found Dave Wedzik's posts in another thread that explains what 5SK is all about and it really cleared things up for me very well.  
I only heard about 5K about a week ago and am glad to have found this thread.    Mr.  Wedzik's comments really cleared things up for me.  Thank you.   Golf teaching is continuing to evolve and improve,because of guys like you, who are willing to try to come up with new ideas to try to  help golfers figure things out better.   Kudos!  
I am just starting to try to figure out what purestrike 5SK is all about.  What are the similarities and differences between Stack and Tilt and 5SK?  I have to say that the 5SK principles sound pretty good to me.  I have used Stack and Tilt for most of he last 18 months and it has worked fairly well except that I probably get too much head movement.  I think I force the left shoulder down a little too much, which causes the head to go down and maybe forward and that seems...
  That is a good argument.   I actually voted for Jack because of his 18  Major wins.   It is hard to argue with that because the tour pros want to win a major more than any other tournament.  You can ask any of those guys and pretty much all of them will tell you they want to win the major the most.  They want their name on the claret jug or a green jacket, or the PGA or US Open the most.  The other wins are very nice but history remembers the majors the most by far....
If people use the Major wins as the yard stick, there can can only be one choice, and that is Jack unless Tiger can tie or surpass him.    A lot of folks don't see Major Wins as the yard stick and most of them seem to go with Tiger.  It would be great to get the opinions of their peers and see how they vote.   That would be the best answer I think and I have a feeling the majority or them would vote for Jack.  Tiger himself has admitted the importance of winning 19...