or Connect

Posts by JonMA1

That's damned impressive by itself. Makes for a better story as well - especially for those of us who make some our best shots after a penalty.
I don't know quite how to word this without sounding like a douche, but what if he had tweeted an insult using an ethnic reference instead of a gender one? Would there be as much support for him? If you don't think that referring to a man as "lil girl" or "girly" with derogatory intent won't piss off a lot of women, you clearly haven't been around.   I think this would be a non-issue had he used phrases like "a baby" or "a spoiled brat".   Just so we're clear, I don't...
If I'm keeping score, I'd want to be told - especially if it's before I'm about to break a rule. I don't think the way it was worded would have bothered me either. I guess to each his own. If I'm by myself and just practicing, I'm all over the place with the rules - though playing short of the tee markers just doesn't make any sense.   I've had the opposite happen. I got paired up with some guy last year who took it upon himself to teach me how to play golf with others....
The only shot I can ever recall from my all-time best round was the one destined for a penalty but through a series of miraculous bounces deep within the woods somehow found its way back onto the fairway. I figure shots like that even out for the ones you see land right out in the open but are no where to be found when you walk up to the spot.This time of the year, the leaf cover is so thick that anything even close to the tree line is done. It's a pisser because some of...
In my brutally honest opinion - some of us will never be very good at golf. Should you quit? Only if you can't accept the possibility that you may one of us. But seriously, give yourself more than 16 months. You may be more frustrated because you feel as though you have put forth so much effort. At least that's how it is for me. I love reading about how a single-digit player couldn't break 100 when they first started playing. Then they discovered something and continued to...
If that's the worst thing I'd said or done in the last month, I'd be happy. I sure as hell wouldn't worry about it. We all say things we'd love to take back. No big deal. Here's something that might make you feel better. A couple of weeks ago, I was playing by myself at a course I'd never played. Was waiting all day for a foursome who wouldn't let me play through (or so I thought) - but no big deal. I finally caught up to them after they had teed off and they said "we were...
Only I could be optimistic about the round I shot yesterday (worst score in years), but most of the penalties came on shots that were errant left and right. Since I’m not really working on keys 4 and 5, I wasn’t that surprised given the changes I’m trying to pull off.    For the most part, very solid irons shots - maybe six out of the 50 or 60 full swings that weren’t. Good contact and ball flight. By the 14th hole, started dialing in the driver, hitting nGIR's with the...
Still working on Key #2. Specifically a centered hip turn on the backswing with no hip rotation to start the downswing. I've got it down perfectly - until I swing at a ball, even with really slow, short swings. Hard to un-do what I've been doing for the last few years I suppose. I am getting weight forward but not nearly what it should be. Ultimately, I don't expect a perfect swing by the end of winter, but am hopeful about developing some better habits.   Anyway, the...
Royals because I like their fans. They gave visiting Detroit Tiger Miguel Cabrera a standing o when it was announced he had just won the triple crown a couple of years ago. I thought it was a classy thing to do.   It would be nice to see one of these two teams win the series as opposed to either of the teams from the NL.
I'm impressed you caught the left toes coming up.  I will do as you suggest, slow down and really try get the feelings you've described and those in the video. When you say "slide the hips to first base", should I take that as them sliding right of the target line (since they are rotated that way at the top of BS)?  Don't know if you guys ever get tired of hearing this, but I am so very grateful for the help you offer.