or Connect

Posts by JonMA1

These are exactly the attitudes I'd want to hear from an instructor.  I can only put this in the context of what I do for living, my confidence level and how I wouldn't shy away from an incredible challenge. Even if the outcome were to be criticized by others (which it surely would), think of the experience and knowledge gained. Dream job or horror job? Maybe a bit of both. But other than not being able to fulfill prior commitments, why wouldn't you take this on?
I'm not sure how to take the first part of this (all this time I thought I was a golfer), but I appreciate the advice. I've wanted to learn to re-grip for some time now. I'll give it a shot and see how it goes. I just ordered the PURE compressor attachment and a set of PURE grips. Both the set and the gun together were less than $50 - maybe because the grips are orange. Thanks for the advice. I don't think there's anyone in this area that'll do it that cheap but you're...
Thanks for the replies.   Most of what I think I know about golf is from reading the posts on this site. Two opinions that seem consistent are that you should try out clubs before you buy them and you should be fitted for them once you've made the decision. Another common opinion is that you should like how they look at address. Yes, I liked the look of them but could say that about most new clubs (especially the Mizunos). And yes, I did want them but I have to be...
I was in a sporting goods store this morning and noticed they had a set of Adams RPM's on clearance for $150. When I casually mentioned this to my wife, she ordered me to go back in and purchase them. I got halfway across the parking lot and decided against it.   Here's my logic... I play with a previously used set of Adams A4's. The grips probably need to be replaced and the faces and soles are becoming beat up. Since working and spinning the ball is above my skill...
I decided the round this past Sunday seemed as good a time as any for a change to my Driver and 3W swings.   Driver: Instead of adjusting the face to compensate for the path (which I had been doing), I decided to start with the club face and my feet aligned to the target line and adjust my path as needed. At first the results were a predictable fade/slice but by making some slight adjustments to the swing path, the shots began to start straight and stay straight. I only...
I worked all week on fairways and my driver. Played 18 today and was happy with the results. Now of course, what had been a very dependable iron game has gone to the dogs.   So I'll be working on my iron swing for the next few weeks.   I've see other's post this issue so I know it's not just me. This is not a rhetorical question... Can anyone tell me why we can hit either irons well or fairways/driver well but rarely both at the same time?
Thanks for the posts. I think I understand what you're saying. I took some swings with my 3 wood tonight and tried to stay connected longer, swinging more with the body and less with the arms. Some success but still a long way to go.
Yes. This is one of the changes I made to my iron swing and it seems to be holding up. I'm not sure why it works except it just seems simpler and as mjs16 suggested, maybe it helps maintain lag. You say it helps your drives. Are you talking about your driver and woods? So far, I've been unable to transfer this swing to my longer clubs (I'm getting ready to start a new thread asking for help on this). 
Agreed. Scores would be much lower even if the pro were to use a hybrid or less for everything (just for the fact he'd never hit it O.O.B. and probably still outdrive me). But it's not like my putting would magically get better.
I have to get to the range and work out the problems I'm having with my driver and woods. The entire gamut of pushes, pulls, hooks, draws, straight down the middle (no curve) and the occasional fade and slice.   The pulls and hooks I believe are simply sequence issues - opening up my hips and shoulders too soon and maybe even moving my front foot. The pushes I believe are an alignment issue at setup. The "corrections"  I make in setup after a bad tee shot -  like very...