or Connect

Posts by JonMA1

Only I could be optimistic about the round I shot yesterday (worst score in years), but most of the penalties came on shots that were errant left and right. Since I’m not really working on keys 4 and 5, I wasn’t that surprised given the changes I’m trying to pull off.    For the most part, very solid irons shots - maybe six out of the 50 or 60 full swings that weren’t. Good contact and ball flight. By the 14th hole, started dialing in the driver, hitting nGIR's with the...
Still working on Key #2. Specifically a centered hip turn on the backswing with no hip rotation to start the downswing. I've got it down perfectly - until I swing at a ball, even with really slow, short swings. Hard to un-do what I've been doing for the last few years I suppose. I am getting weight forward but not nearly what it should be. Ultimately, I don't expect a perfect swing by the end of winter, but am hopeful about developing some better habits.   Anyway, the...
Royals because I like their fans. They gave visiting Detroit Tiger Miguel Cabrera a standing o when it was announced he had just won the triple crown a couple of years ago. I thought it was a classy thing to do.   It would be nice to see one of these two teams win the series as opposed to either of the teams from the NL.
I'm impressed you caught the left toes coming up.  I will do as you suggest, slow down and really try get the feelings you've described and those in the video. When you say "slide the hips to first base", should I take that as them sliding right of the target line (since they are rotated that way at the top of BS)?  Don't know if you guys ever get tired of hearing this, but I am so very grateful for the help you offer.
 I posted the practice swings specifically to show I can physically get my hips forward to start my downswing but that I have trouble doing so mentally when I go to strike an actual ball. I was hoping someone may have had a similar experience and if so, could give me advice on how they overcame it. Along with my description, I didn't think it would be that difficult to see that specific difference between the practice swings and the third swing (live swing?) nor in...
 I am at the point where I feel #1 is no longer a priority - that does't mean I think it's perfect. I can keep my head steady enough to where it doesn't effect contact on my normal swing.  Work on key #2 is at a very basic stage, I'm looking into a mirror and concentrating on learning what that second key feels like. If or when I've made progress with the key#2 (to the point where I no longer have to use the mirror) then I'll put the two together. Don't know that I can...
Any constructive criticism is welcome as I could use some help.   I'm working on Key #2 (key #1 is not great obviously).   This is a slow swing (maybe 50 - 60%) while using a mirror. I've included the practice swings because I think they are closer to where I want to be regarding the hip slide. As you can see, as soon as I make a swing at the ball, the weight shifts back slightly and then my hips rotate prematurely - at least that's what I see. This will happen every...
Not much.   Started out the season making great contact with an iron swing I'd worked on all winter. Started making improvements with keys #4 and #5 and hitting a lot more greens. When I started working on some of my weaker points - woods, driver and putting, my iron play started to suffer and has since been hot and cold.   I'm not used to failing so badly as I have while trying to improve at this great game. Been at it for 3 years and have spent countless hours with...
Nice story. I can only imagine her telling someone how lucky she was that some nice man happened to come by at the right time... a bright spot in an otherwise crappy day for her. You probably made her day.
 I don't think "hate" is too strong a word when I think what it would be like to play golf year 'round (somehow, "envious" just doesn't cut it). Of course, the hatred is directed at my own decision to move up here.  Then again, there's nothing quite like having the entire course to myself when the weather isn't ideal.