or Connect

Posts by JonMA1

I can certainly relate. You know you've done something right but it's fleeting. Start over-thinking to the point of concentrating on details when the "broad strokes" are still wrong - for me anyway. Maybe when those core moves are closer to being right, the swing feels smooth, loose and easy???  As you said, there's always a lot more work to do.
 Nice work @Lihu.
You may be right in that its why they emphasize it, but even if gaining distance weren't possible, just keeping or getting the full swing sharp is reason enough to work on it more, IMO. I played a round of 9 yesterday with a pretty decent player. It wasn't that he hit a mile longer than me, it was just that his full swing with every club was just so consistently on. Even if he missed the fairway, it wasn't by much. Same with greens (and he didn't miss many of those)....
Good observation and I'm surprised no one else has ever mentioned it. I'm not sure what the golf term is, but I think I come out of my posture just before and during impact. I'm sure I'm making some sort of compensation as a result. I will work on reducing that vertical movement. I've yet to see video of a good player whose head comes up before impact. Thanks @Lihu. Never been diagnosed with any disorder but it's a fair question (I'm impressed that as an instructor you'd...
More of the same high scores today. I'm at a bit of a loss as to how I should proceed.   My full swing "feels" better with most clubs. Solid contact with a few (costly) exceptions today. Getting a few extra yards this year  - probably due to the new swing. Off-center hits are not that damaging - probably due to the new clubs.   The big issue is controlling direction. Even good contact with a short iron does little in the way of hitting greens. Despite proper alignment...
Ha! I see what you did there....
@Shorty  - You're not the only one on this site who has the balls to be honest when some of us need that. Many of us will occasionally suffer from bouts of self-pity, exaggeration, delusions of grandeur, and forgetting how lucky we are to have (top) golf professionals offer free advice. If it bothers someone to be reminded of that, oh well (time to "toughen up, buttercup").   Some people want to go through life thinking everything they do or say is fine when that is...
I saw the pro today and asked him what he thought of LSW. To his credit, he seemed very interested in the book... "a good read so far". Told me he really likes the "science and data" used to support the information. If he's only halfway through it, he has gotten to the shot zones and decision mapping yet. He had told me last week that he's read the majority of golf books and plans to add a library/reading room the clubhouse (he's the new GM). I don't know how often that's...
This has been my observation as well. With one exception, the people I know who carry fit the description in bold. If these folks suddenly became gunslinging vigilantes, wouldn't there be a shit-ton of criminal data to support that study? As @Golfingdad stated, I'm sure studies were done - that part is probably true. If the results of the studies indicated that qualified law-abiding individuals who went through proper training suddenly became more aggressive once they...
http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/29/opinion/mike-rowe-workplace-safety/ Someone shared this with me yesterday and I got a kick out of it.