or Connect

Posts by JonMA1

Good to know. As far as how long a course to play, playing a longer course forced me to improve with the driver. As long as you don't care about the score or if you're not holding anyone up, I would recommend occasionally playing longer tees for a high handicapper.  Yeah, the concept is simple and as I said, hard to argue. The best rounds I had last year came after reading LSW and a direct result of using the driver instead of the 5 wood off a couple of holes. The...
Good - Improved substantially at every part of the game except for putting   Bad - Improvement was at different times for each part - rarely pulled it all together   Ugly - Didn't sustain improvement as the year ended
Handicap was below 26 at one point last season. Average score probably 104. But the question was more of a general one. Are you still working on gaining distance?
If this belongs in another thread, please feel free to move it.   So I agree it is a fact that the closer you are to the green, the lower you'll score (really hard to argue). Understanding this should change my decision making to slightly favor distance over safety. In addition, as the longest club in the bag I now realize how important it is to improve my driver swing. This knowledge will effect how I practice.   Having said all that, I don't believe I will ever be a...
http://caberfaepeaks.com/golf/membership-info/ You seem like an intelligent guy and with that HI, obviously a very good player who knows a few things about the game. But it's unfortunate that you feel the need to insult others when they have a different opinion. There are the occasional posts and viewpoints on the site that are moronic - his simply isn't one of them and you were wrong to respond that way. In some ways you're right about golf being for the rich. Certainly...
That makes two of us.
I'm quite literally the last member on this forum who should give advice, but you could always put some tape on the club face and take some swings (I use 1"x3" mailing labels). When you hit into the net, can you tell how solidly you've struck it?
Your swing looks really solid to my untrained eye.   I'm just throwing this out there because it's easy to check, but are you hitting towards the heel of the club face by any chance?
I don't spend the money every time I play. I pay less for a yearly membership than it cost to play a couple of rounds at some courses. But I understand the point. When I was younger, I couldn't afford to play because I had other priorities and obligations. I also thought it was more expensive than it really is - I  just didn't know any better. My wife still gives me a hard time because I once made the statement "I can see the addiction to golf, but I'll never spend that...
Sorry, but I don't buy this.  That doesn't mean we play golf if we cannot make ends meet. For many people, yes it's overpriced. But just as any other hobby goes, we can usually find ways to do it cheaper - second-hand clubs, recycled golf balls. If you really are addicted to game as I am, buy the least expensive yearly membership you can find in the area and do without some of the other hobbies (I can play golf or a I can buy a used bass boat but I can't do both). If you...