or Connect

Posts by JonMA1

It's been about a month since I read my copy and continue to browse through it. I don't know what it is exactly, but I've played my best golf in that month. Maybe it has me thinking just differently enough to show improvement???   Anyway, please let me know if this is not the right thread for this (and feel free to move if not).   I worked on changing the way I traditionally play a couple of problematic holes on Sunday and shot a good round. Here are a couple of par...
 Congrats! 13 putts on 9 holes - nice. You must be deadly with that wedge.
 Thanks Greg. 
Thanks Eyad. I agree that video is a useful tool - especially if you know what to look for. Last year for instance, I took a down the line video and could see immediately that I was coming over the top. I didn't "feel it" but the video clearly showed it. And of course, excessive head movement, leaving my weight back, etc. But honestly, I don't know much beyond something obvious like that. I wouldn't know the difference between a stack and tilt swing and a reverse pivot....
I wanted to share a result from using the strategy of "advancing the ball as much as possible" that happened today.   The last hole of the 9 hole course I play is a 300 yard par 4 (yes, I hit from the geriatric middle tees). Besides hitting over a marsh from the tee, there's nothing particularly tricky about the hole. It's a straight but narrow fairway. If you miss it, you're in the creek on the left or woods on the right...very little margin of error and little to no...
I wanted to follow up on my last entry with how the iron swing I developed this winter is working.    I gave up on the video for a while and concentrated just on what felt like good contact. Keep in mind this was off of a mat and into a net 10 feet away so there wasn't a lot of information besides how solidly it felt. Anyway, after I came up with what felt like a consistent swing, I tried it out at a local simulator and was surprised by how positive the results were. My...
This book is great for high handicappers as well. There are so many good things in here to improve your game immediately and in the long-term.   One paragraph that really hit home for me is on page 153. It talks about how it's bad strategy to approach a hole based on that "great shot" you hit once that was actually an outlier. "He should work to remove it via practice, but GamePlanning is about using the game you have". Looking back, quite often I would play an entire...
To me, that seems like very good progress. I think you're the only one who can determine what your goals should be.
 No argument here. When compared side-by-side to a proper backswing, it's really funny looking. 
Understood on the hip turn. Thanks. As far as the video, I was trying to make half swings (the five "S"s of great practice) while working a specific key. But I'm sure you're right, on a full swing I'm probably not making as much of a turn as it feels.