or Connect

Posts by JonMA1

Everyone's situation is different. Maybe it isn't 100% the wife and kids. Maybe they have a longer drive to and from work, or they work a different shift than their spouse, have more responsibilities or chores to do at home, babies as opposed to teenagers, less money, more overtime... there are a lot of variables that could make getting out even once a week very difficult. I would say that most of the members of this site are pretty addicted to golf and play as much as...
I'm very lucky in that my wife encourages me to play a lot. In all fairness, I can't say that I blame her.
 I don't play in tournaments or leagues and have yet to play for money. The courses I play would probably be considered goat trails by many. Some have OOB markings, some do not. If I have a playable lie, I play it. If I hit one into the marsh or creek ravine, it's rarely playable. I often drop at the original spot as opposed to dropping a bit closer in front of the hazard. Chances are, I probably lose more strokes than I gain due to my ignorance of the rules. The only...
Thank you all.   I now understand about the line of flight being irrelevant. Makes sense.   Since these drop zones are on the green side of the hazards, it sounds like I've done the right thing for the last three years in not using them. Finally used one for the first time recently and had to ask the question.   Man, this is where playing alone (or with people who don't know the rules any better than I do) really hurts. I read through the Rules before posting my...
This happens to everyone and it sucks. Yes, I feel cheated when I have to give myself penalty strokes for an otherwise perfect shot.   But you know what also happens to everyone? We send one into the woods - where there should be zero chance for recovery - and it bounces back into play, sometimes with a pretty good lie. I had one of these end up on the green the other day.   I mean no offense to anyone by this, but if you feel rules should be modified to protect us...
Sorry in advance for the basic (probably stupid) questions. This has been bugging me for some time so I've finally decided to ask...   My home course has a creek that winds throughout it, as well as several marshes. Most of the holes have a drop zone beyond these hazards.   My VERY limited understanding of the RoG (specifically Rule 28) is that you cannot advance your ball like that if it lands in one of these marshes or a part of the creek. If that's wrong, you can...
[[SPOILER]]
 I'm with you on this. I couldn't even get through his video.
Pretty well sums up 95% of all commercials - golf or otherwise. But yeah, these are lame.
First, 140 yards carry with a 7 iron isn't that short in my opinion. To admit that you don't hit as far as a pro is... well, the opposite of conning yourself. Do you have a cell phone and if so, does it have a camera?