or Connect

Posts by RMgolfer

Excellent and thought provoking discussion everyone. I appreciate all of the informative analysis. Many issues were identified and I now have much food for thought. Many thanks to all who contributed!
Thanks very much Spam for your comments. I appreciate your take on those irons. That's the sort of experience that I'm hoping to get and learn from; that is, from real people who have played these clubs and are willing to share their real-world experiences. And so I'm grateful that you would contribute. This sort of information is invaluable and will help me make my mind up.   As for Shorty, well, as i said, i don't much care or heed what he says/thinks/writes. It's...
Thanks Saevel25 for your comments. This is the sort of insight that I am looking for.   (And fwiw, I'm not particularly interested in Shorty's views on forging - I respect his right to voice them of course, and he's naturally entitled to his opinions - however I know what i feel when I strike a forged club, as do many others. The feeling is different and I'm entitled to that view as well. As for his rude comments - i have a USGA and an RCGA handicap index and they...
Hello all. I'm looking for the experience and views of others on this.   I'm a 6 handicap. I currently play Callaway X Hot irons with the stock True Temper Speed Step 85 shaft, regular flex, bent to 2 degrees flat. I have a relatively slow swing speed, about 80mph. I hit my 4 iron 175 yards, my 5 iron 165 yards, my 6 iron 155 yards, etc.   I also own a set of Miura Passing Point PP-9003 irons (4-GW). These were my first set of forged irons. The feeling when...
I went to Golfsmith and they were good enough to let me experiment with a number of different shaft lengths for my 913D2. Ultimately I landed upon the 44.5 shaft and so we cut my stock 45" shaft down by a half inch. They didn't charge me for the cutting (it took about 30 seconds, including measuring it twice...) and just charged me $12 for the new Golf Pride grip. Since then I've played a dozen rounds and have improved accuracy significantly. I'm 5'9" and firmly believe...
I know that this topic has been previously covered, but I hope to receive a current, updated view as of Spring 2013.   I play about 40 rounds a year, plus practice 2-3 times a week.   I'm thinking about purchasing regripping gear either from Golfsmith or Golfworks and am looking for opinions. I've done all of the online research and my questions are:   1. Is this worthwhile or is it simpler and more practical to just have them regripped once a year at my...
Hello all. In the Golf Magazine March 2013 issue there was a "Private Lessons" item on chipping from around the green. I used the method and found immediate success (place your heels together, weight on the left side, hands in front of the ball, etc). It was a great tip.   I'd hoped to save it for posterity, but alas The Boss decided that old magazines have no place in our home and chucked it in the bin. That issue is no longer in the stores nor can i find it...