or Connect

Posts by seagullplayer

No offense to any individual teachers out there, but   Those that can, do and those that can't teach.   The best teachers I have had in any given subject are those that retired from the field before they became teachers in it.
I am off almost every Friday and it can be hard to find a partner.    My biggest issue is being able to see the ball in flight off the tee. If I am alone and don't have a clue where it went, I will just hit another. I always look for the first ball and some times I find it.   I will tell you a secret, I am usually the first one on the course and pretty often the only one on the nine hole course I play most often.  When that happens, I often play a white ball and a...
Things went really well, she ended her first lesson with a smile!   She loves her new clubs.   The weather kept us in the back yard.   She hit a few balls off the tee.   She is excited and seems to understand her limitations. (Not ready to go on tour)   I taught both our sons to play, but we have talked about lessons for her, and she is very receptive. She does hair for a living and one of her female clients started playing last year and took lessons and had a...
My youngest son loved to play till he hit about 16, girls...   He is now in the US Army (Made Sargent this week BTW).  While stationed in TX two years ago he found the game again.   My older son lives closer to home, but my two grand kids take up a lot of his time! He never really stopped playing but sometimes its months between rounds! (I remember those days!)   Last Father's Day he was in for a visit, and I played with both my sons and my younger brother. All...
My wife often rides with me in the cart.  I am about half blind and loose my ball in the sky all the time, so it really helps to have a healthy set of eyes along.  And she enjoys being out and people watching and I enjoy her company.   So out of the blue last week on the course, she said she thought she might like to learn to play the game.  Now I have asked her a 1000 times about it before, but I guess it just needed to be her idea.  If you are married, I bet you...
I never heard of POP until this thread.  After reading some of it I kind of thought it might be a misspelling of POOP.   I can see why a posted expected play time might be of benefit to the course.  They would have some recourse to back the point you where playing too slow, or if another group complained that you where taking too long.  It would be a bench mark to gauge by. It would also be a gauge used to decide when the last group would be allowed out each...
My driver is 11 deg. (Got it last year)   My brother is my most frequent golf partner, he said that's to much loft. He had been playing with this new 9.5 deg driver.   This year he bought a new one, he opted for 11 deg!   It has made a world of difference in my tee shots. 
I would never have thought about a club having such a policy to start with.   But I think you guys are pretty naive if you think this ever had ANYTHING to do with  women being slower players.    It seems rather obvious if the true origins of these rules where researched, you would find they are from the wife's of male golfers.  The wife of a wealthy country club husband does not want to worry about him playing golf with a bunch athletic woman running around on the...
I am right at the 100 mark.  I broke it at the end of last year a couple of times, my best score ever was 97. This year has started out pretty well, I don't get to play 18 very often.  But have been at 49 and 50 almost every 9 I have played.  My worst 9 hole round was 53 so far this year. The last 18 hole I played a couple weeks ago I was 99.   My second shot was/is my biggest challenge.  I am pretty fair off the tee, but I was always short on the second shot on par...
There was a time that if I heard someone mention dress code and golf that I would have laughed out loud.  Today that was about 5 minutes ago...