or Connect

Posts by seagullplayer

I have never played a private club, but I have watched Caddie Shack a number of times.  So I feel I would fit right in...   Hope you have a great time, be sure and report back.  Always curious how the other half live.
I am not sure of how long it took, I may still be there.   Its a long story, but I will leave most of the drama behind.   I had a coupon to a course I had never been to and needed a partner, it was a Friday.   I take a guy that I know that is kind of down on his luck, wife left him, lost his job, all in the run of a month.   He uses my extra set of clubs, no big deal, he has not played in several years.  But he was an athlete back in the day. He is several years...
UPDATE:   Finally made it on the course with my wife playing Saturday.  There was a threat of rain so the place was pretty slow.   It went great!   She hit off every Tee and all her tee shots looked pretty good.  Very straight and we can work on distance.   She played her ball when it worked out and just shot from my spot if it didn't.  She played the fifth and sixth holes using all her shots.   There was a couple and their very young grandson a head of us, they...
UPDATE   I played nine rounds with my brother last night and we discussed this issue again.   Just to get it out of the way, I again out putted him.    He brought a couple of his putters along for the ride and at the last hole we putted around.   What I like about my putter (its a Wilson of some sort) is its weight.  Nice heavy head on it, I "feel" it gives me more control.  I also like the thick grip, but it is getting in bad shape.   He seems to think that...
I won my putter in a hat draw at a scramble nearly 20 years ago.  My brother seems to think I need a new one.  He seems to buy a new one every time you turn around.  He has offered me one of his "old" ones several times.  But I have yet to like one of them any better than mine.   I admit that my putter looks and feels like something 20 years old.  Has putter technology really changed in the last two decades?    I will also admit that I need to putt better, but I don't...
For me I see higher the tee the more loft and less distance.  I tee on a three to try and get the ball to stick on the green.
 I have found this to be an issue with every one of my clubs.  I backed off on my driver awhile ago and saw instant improvement.It took me much longer to figure out this was the problem with my irons, I have stopped pushing my irons and just starteddropping a club, it has had a big impact in my game.  I also noticed that I was not consistent on my follow through. Its amazing that when you hit the ball where you want distance become much less of an issue.
Played a new course today, its a nine hole.  I shot a 95!!!   I play the same course 90% of the time.  I was kind of worried that my improvements wouldn't move along with me.  It was pretty cool.
After reading some of the posts around here I see many people keep MUCH better track of their round than I do.  I can see where it would be very helpful in tracking improvement or the need for it.   How do you go about doing it?  I mean practically on the course while playing? Do you keep a note book or make some notation on the score card?   I would also love to know just what you track.  What club or distance?  At first I was just thinking # of putts, but if I am...
The end of last season I finally broke 100, this year I have been at or just blow 100, literally 99 several times.   Saturday I played my best game ever, five pared holes!  With a final score of 92!!!!   The biggest difference for me was the ability to recover from a bad shot and much better putting.   Even with the better putting I missed a couple of puts that will have to drop to improve my score.   Not that long ago I can remember when a short drive would mean...