or Connect

Posts by seagullplayer

Don't they make that same promise on every new club that comes out, legal or otherwise?
 I have never been ticketed when pulled over.  But I am careful when the golf cops are out. Surely K-mart wouldn't sell dirty balls? But I agree they are not very conforming!  Just cheap...
There is a little par three course I visit.    He has "play all day" for one rate before noon or free cart mornings and such things on weekdays to stir up interest.   Lots of places have married couple's tournament nights.   I saw a "strangers" night advertised once.  You show up, put your name in a hat and they pull out partners just before the start.  I would think this would be a hit for folks that don't know many people.   Last year a small local course ran a...
For full disclosure I wanted to add that I did not count the balls I find along the way. If I find a ball that I think is better than the one I am using, I may start playing with it.   I will pretty much play any ball unless it is scuffed or water logged or a Nitro.   Unless its not scuffed too bad, or if I can't really tell its water logged or someone gave me the Nitro...   Well maybe if Kmart had some Nitro balls real cheap...
If I don't have at least two dozen I am worried!   I don't loose to many myself, that's my story anyway.   But I play a lot with my oldest adult son and he does loose a few. I normally pay for the round and provide the balls.  He has a wife and two growing kids to think about.   I normally have three or four "nice" ones in the holder for myself.
I wouldn't worry about your partners option, he sounds pretty superficial/goofy. If the color of a golf ball effected a guys masculinity they wouldn't make blue pills.   I have a couple of different colors I use, I have a hard time seeing a white ball in the sky on certain days.  Plus I like playing a ball that is different than the people I am playing with.  Just easier to tell who is who, I really like a logo ball for that reason too.   My little brother wears pink...
I have never played a private club, but I have watched Caddie Shack a number of times.  So I feel I would fit right in...   Hope you have a great time, be sure and report back.  Always curious how the other half live.
I am not sure of how long it took, I may still be there.   Its a long story, but I will leave most of the drama behind.   I had a coupon to a course I had never been to and needed a partner, it was a Friday.   I take a guy that I know that is kind of down on his luck, wife left him, lost his job, all in the run of a month.   He uses my extra set of clubs, no big deal, he has not played in several years.  But he was an athlete back in the day. He is several years...
UPDATE:   Finally made it on the course with my wife playing Saturday.  There was a threat of rain so the place was pretty slow.   It went great!   She hit off every Tee and all her tee shots looked pretty good.  Very straight and we can work on distance.   She played her ball when it worked out and just shot from my spot if it didn't.  She played the fifth and sixth holes using all her shots.   There was a couple and their very young grandson a head of us, they...
UPDATE   I played nine rounds with my brother last night and we discussed this issue again.   Just to get it out of the way, I again out putted him.    He brought a couple of his putters along for the ride and at the last hole we putted around.   What I like about my putter (its a Wilson of some sort) is its weight.  Nice heavy head on it, I "feel" it gives me more control.  I also like the thick grip, but it is getting in bad shape.   He seems to think that...