or Connect

Posts by guywoof

We are starting to live in a world where almost anything can be offensive to somebody somewhere. I don't think his comments were bright or good, but it wasn't the end of the world. No need  for the board to get their panties in a knot.
This is the flaw of bothering to use social media. Everybody involved looks like a pinhead, even those who complain about it. Everyone, at one time or another, talks like this, but NOT to millions of strangers........some of whom are PC insane, have axes to grind, or are basically trying to make something out of their blank lives by jumping on assassination bandwagons. Makes me yearn for saner times, instead of having to deal with a media, and websites living lives of...
I didn't see how old this thread was, but I noticed the tennis comparison and I agree, being a former tennis player. Heavy racquets hit the ball harder and it should be the same for golf clubs. Even more so. I have sensed, when hitting light drivers, the head stopping slightly at impact. In other words, losing speed. Heavier drivers don't give me that feel, just a power through the ball. Heavier irons, whether heavier in shaft or head will not give that slight slow down...
I don't know if this will be useful, but I play in the northwest and this time of year it's very heavy air and sometimes cold, and wet fairways with some mud. My driver I prefer to hit semi-low, a callaway razr fit extreme, so I turn to driving with my 3 wood and seven wood and actually outdrive my foursome because of air time with the higher lofts. Got a good bounce with my seven this week and drove it 240. Something to think about when considering distance.
I swore by prov1's, and posted it. Last week, playing with my hickories and hitting a Wilson duo I was flat no roll stopping it with my niblick(9iron) and it has no grooves at all. Saying ditch the expensive balls.
Just kidding. It's our normal foursome answer. Average good hit for driver is, with summer roll, 250, seven iron 160, pw 110. If I was serious about golf I would have to quit.
Driver 140, 3 iron 150, 4 iron 150, 5 iron 150, 6 iron 150, 7 iron 150, 8 iron 150, 9 iron, on a good day, 160. pw 110. Although I am normally a little more consistant.
Yep. Something you might find interesting regarding shafts....I am also a hickory player, and hickory shafts can be super stiff. So there may be nothing new under the golf sun. In fact sometimes when I finish a hickory round I think we may have taken a step backward..............way to advanced by half. I can get huge distance from some of my irons on a particular hickory shaft. Makes golf the most interesting game by far.
This is an old thread, but I just went back to my old 1996 big bertha irons. For me the best feeling, most accurate irons I've ever played. That would include Pings, Wilson blades, newer Callaways, and Hogans. Knock downs, working, high spin. For me the best.
Everyone is different but I would say the G15. Not as long as some. I have a couple low handicap friends who also swear by Ping G15. I use the stock stiff shaft, but shaft flex is very important.