or Connect

Posts by WildTurkey

Mason, at your price point you will need to look for sales.  I picked up mine at Dick's Sporting Goods Grand Opening.  They had a Nikon Callaway X Hot in the flyer for $199.  I was able to use other discounts that they had going on to get it for $150.  You might be able to find a slightly older model online in this price range.  My X Hot now qualifies as a slightly older model as it is now a couple seasons from current.  The current models like the Nikon Coolshot or...
That is why I mentioned the PING Cushion inserts.  They absorb the nasty vibration of say a fat hit but still feel the toe/heel/thin strikes.  Definitely less fatigue at the end of the round.  Something else for you to consider.  Good Luck Sir.
I just upgraded my set from vintage 1987 to ping G25. I love them. I did stick with steel shafts with the cushion inserts. Better feel imho. Good luck with your search. Go get fitted.
I would suggest you look at the Callaway x2 hot and the ping G 25 or new G30.
Not today but last week I shot even par on a par 27 pitch and putt. 1 bird, 1 bogie and 7 pars.  I was on fire and only needed to scramble twice. 
Ok so here is you have Ping G25 5 to UW fitted black dot plus 1/2 inch and yellow size grips, currently 15 handicap player.  The plan was to save your pennies and buy wedges next year. Saving pennies went better than expected so you can buy now.  Options you know about. 1. buy G25 SW and LW at the same specs you were fitted for.  2. buy G30 SW and LW at the specs you were fitted for as the club lengths are the same in those two clubs.  3. Get fitted for Tour Gorge wedges...
Can anyone book a fitting at The Factory or do you have be mvmac and get a special invitation?  Cool stuff by the way. 
I would say the titleist NXT Tour. I like the feel of this ball of the putter and around the green. It is also straight off the Tee.
MI keep mine in the valuables pocket in my golf bag. The system works this way. Start of round, place wallet car keys cell phone valuables pocket and remove pitch repair tool with ball marker into pants pocket. Then reverse at the conclusion of the round. I also sometimes wear a hat with built in marker as well. Since nothing else is stored in this pocket it is quick and easy to find. I have a sun mountian sync bag btw.
When i wear a hat with magnetic spot i use that one. Other wise i have a pitch repair tool that has one. For a back up emergency i carry a couple of dimes in the bag. This way i am never out of luck with no ball mark