or Connect

Posts by LI Hacker

See VillaFranca's swing thread, especially the part about taking my advice with a grain of salt   But you can see that you loop the club over the top and come into the ball way from the outside which is where that slice is coming from, work on the club coming more from the inside on the downswing.
Well to be careful, you can hit the ball right and very far right coming from the inside as well. If the ball is starting straight or left and then curving right you are most likely still coming from the outside.    There are a bunch of threads here about ball flight laws, do a quick search and take a peek there's a lot of valuable stuff in there. I would prioritize getting your posture fixed first because without a good set up it's hard to do a lot of other things...
I am going to defer to some of the more advanced guys here on this but I will give it a shot. A lot of people like the idea of swinging more out towards "right field", like in baseball shooting the ball between 2nd and 1st.    Also, it looks like you're sucking the club in too far to the inside in the takeaway and then you come over the top. You could try to keep the club more "in front" of you on the backswing and combine that with the drills and thought of swinging...
Relatively new to the game myself but in your driver videos you can see you're coming OTT which will absolutely cause your pull slice/slices. Your posture is also very upright, you should try to work in some more bend from the hips. This is probably priority one but something you can easily watch in a mirror.   You will need to work on your path coming more from the inside, a popular drill that is easy to do is to place a head cover maybe 6 inches behind and 6 inches...
Agree completely, I actually stumbled upon an old thread started solely around the premise around keeping the right arm "straight".    I've recently been working on this and the change in the right arm angle will yield a straight (er) left arm. Has really improved my contact.
I fall on the other side of the spectrum of most. I've always been naturally thin so I workout to actually put on some size. Equally frustrating being on this side because it can be very difficult to put on significant weight and size.   Also, its a tough transition but I'm proud to be one of the few people my age (25) to say that I'm in the gym at 530 AM 5 days a week before I head into manhattan for work. Morning workouts really are one of the best ways to start...
I may be biased since I live nearby but the Black at Bethpage should be at the top of that list for places in the NE. I'm down there almost every weekend (not playing Black) but there are always times available, the first of the day you need to camp out for but you can easily walk up and book an afternoon time.    The red course is also no slouch and could help you out with hitting multiple courses. I've only been playing for about a year so I've never played the...
I prefaced with the grain of salt comment. Also, I was just judging from the video as we can't see the ball flight. As someone else noticed it certainly looks like he is about to come OTT but may end up dropping to the inside, without a lower frame rate its hard to really tell exactly whats happening. At least in my eyes.
Take my advice with a grain of salt as I am relatively new to the game (about a year or so) but it looks like you're coming OTT. That could explain both of those misses. Try to pause the video and you can see it.
Just as a little bit of an update, I realized my problem was the clubface being wide open at impact and after having tons of people including an instructor tell me "turn your wrists/hands over" and that only causing me to cast the club including with the irons which I had previously been striking well I videotaped some practice swings and noticed my forearms/wrists were rotating coming off the ball in my takeaway. That little move was causing me to come into impact with...