or Connect

Posts by DantheNovice

Yeah, I couldn't find the right words to describe it, but he is standing perpendicular to the target line. I've only ever been taught square or very slightly open, maybe up to 10" open. I would think that his form would make it more difficult to be consistent, especially since it's so different from his other swings.    I'm asking because before I had a slightly open stance when I chipped, but once I changed to a square stance, I suddenly started to hit it better and...
Yes, he's Korean and came from Korea a couple years ago. It seems the golf pro who taught him showed him exactly how he "should" be swinging. As long as he's hitting it well, like people have said, I don't see any problem with it. It just seemed like if a golf pro taught him, it would be a form that's at least somewhat known.
I wanted to ask this question, but I didn't want to start a new thread. I have a similar question.. I went with a friend for the first time to a driving range and I saw him chipping in a completely open stance. He said that this was taught to him by a Korean professional. When I say completely open, I mean his toes were facing the direction he wanted to hit; the toes of both his feet. I've seen people hitting in both slightly open and square, but I've never seen or heard...
So I don't know if this is a common problem or not, as I'm only a novice myself, but I'm having some difficulty convincing two beginners to go to the driving range. The problem is that they want to go to a course. Since they were so insistent on it, I thought that maybe they had played before, so I asked, " Do you two good well?" They replied, "We don't know yet." In fact, we had made arrangements to go " golfing" yesterday, but they thought I had meant a course when...